Ford Forums banner

New Speakers

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ViGiLaNtE 
#1 ·
Has anyone changed the standed speakers for better ones in the mid series cd fitted to my XT ba falcons.
If yes what brand are they and how much did they cost.
Please as the standed ones are ok to about half volume.

#2 ·
I was quoted $250 plus fitting for Eclipse 7 x 5 for the front of my BA (mine's Premium Sound, could be different to XT?). They had a cheaper Pioneer set for $199 but the guy reckoned the Eclipse was much better. The next ones up from Eclipse (brand name wasn't mentioned) were $500. Thee guy reckoned the Eclipse were the best value.

#7 ·
Alpine or Clarion speakers

Alpine SPS-5729 or Clarion SRC-5724 both are 5x7inch but can anyone tell me which is the best for my BA XT with the mid spec head unit.
The clarion are a fair bit cheaper.
Thanks
Davo

#8 ·
Speaker choice is (should be) a personal thing. What sounds good to you might sound crap to someone else and vice-versa. Especially if you like lots of mid-high range and they like lots of base, or the other way around.

I would listen to both pairs, and buy the one you prefer.

If you really want to be told which ones to buy - go the Clarion.

#9 ·
5x7's go for the Rockford Fosgate ..read why in the post link above by dk_falcon...or now Pioneer have the TSA5713 5x7s which may also help you out with quality and not just a cheap replacement. Especially if you already have the Premium Sound System.

Im a Pioneer follower myself...but the Fosgate HPC Series 5x7s are "the shit" for your BA trust me.

ViGiLaNtE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.