Pioneer DEH 1550 into EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2003, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Pioneer DEH 1550 into EA

Hey guys, I talked my GF into telling me what she is getting me for my birthday, a CD tuner for my EA!!! finally I can get rid of the factory tape deck!
anywho, bris car sound want $80 to install it, The ONLY reason I enquired was to retain all warranties etc
But $80 is a bit steep for something so easy to do, speaking of warranty issues, what exactly becomes void if you install it yourself?

The main thing I wanted to know before I pull it all apart on the w/end is will the cradle that comes with the pioneer mount directly into the EA dash? or does an additional cradle need to be purchased?

Does anyone know if they sell a loom adaptor for this particular h/u to suit the EA wiring loom? if not I will just use connectors

Any help would be much appreciated

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2003, 23:50   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Warranty should not be voided if you install it yourself, you just take it back to the store they send it away, and pioneer decide it was their fault in manufacture, or you fried the wires or something.

Just take the brackets off the tape deck thats in there, and they should screw straight onto the pioneer deck, and mount nicely (worked for the kenwood tape deck with cd controller).

No idea about converter, I cut my wires and connected them, there is a wiring diagram floating around the web. I have it at home can post the link tomorrow.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 00:31   #3 (permalink)

there should be an addapter for pioneet to EA.
i'll see what i can find.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 00:42   #4 (permalink)

http://www.aerpro.com/cgi-bin/produc...0&make=&model=

http://www.aerpro.com/cgi-bin/produc...0&make=&model=

i'm pretty sure the one you're after is the 2nd one.
better check though :)
i used one of their products to connect my JVC headunit

oh, and i got mine from Autobarn.
not sure who else stocks their stuff.
can prolly mail order it
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

Old 06-16-2003, 00:56   #5 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Thanks for the help guys! John, I'll contact autobarn tomorrow and see if they have what I need, if not Ill send an email to that mob and see if they can mail order it. How much did you pay for your adaptor?

Thanks for the tip on the cradle dellboy

Lowered EF Futura
Old 06-16-2003, 01:12   #6 (permalink)

i think it was about $20, bit costly, but it makes things a LOT easier, and means u can reverse the process at any stage.
the only wire that wasnt in the loom from memory was the ground wire, which i individually soldered

Old 06-16-2003, 01:43   #7 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

hehe thanks john, so all the speaker wires and crap are in the loom? $20 is ok, saves stuffing around with wires and that

Lowered EF Futura
Old 06-16-2003, 02:15   #8 (permalink)

yep, mine was for an EF ofcourse, so it was a different loom, but yeah, it had everything i needed to put the one in mine. without cutting anything.
only wire that i piggybacked off was the ground wire, i didnt wanna lose the clip off it.

Old 06-16-2003, 05:01   #9 (permalink)
brenlam

Mmm I recently instaled a pioneer DEH 1450 (Exactly the same head unit just different button layout) into my EA. It was a piece of cake and I didnt use a wiring harness. Yeah I had to unscrew the brackets from the factory radio and screw the brackets into the pioneer head unit, I had to widen the holes in the bracket a bit so that the screws for the head unit would fit. Besides that everything else was straight forward. Good luck took me about an hour including wiring
Old 06-17-2003, 06:13   #10 (permalink)

bro just a thought, when you install, go buy some wire from hi fi supermarket, and re wire the front door speakers, cose the stock audio wiring sucks, and when you are playing it up load you will get a smoother sound.
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
1LOWEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security