Polk Audio Gear for the BA's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2005, 00:11   #1 (permalink)

Question Polk Audio Gear for the BA's

Just wondering if anyone has used the polk audio gear in their BA's. It looks pretty snazz stuff. i have used the kicker amps and jbl 6.5" splits front and 6x9 mbquartz rears and a 12" JL sub sub, but i was was disapointed with the bass levels and the overall clarity.

I was thinking of having a custom box made up in place of the spare tire with a 15" sub and polk amps and speakers all round.

I had a lot of trouble with the whining noise in the front speakers thru my smaller kicker amp. i never got around to testing the noise while having the fronts conected to the bigger amp. i never had trouble with the rear speakers.

So in short, just after comments from those who have used the polk gear and how they intergrated it into the car.
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2005, 04:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: Polk Audio Gear for the BA's

anyone?
Old 10-28-2005, 02:56   #3 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

ye gday, i bort sum today, apparently theyre really good. i pulled the door panels off and the speakers r screwed down with these stupid bloody things. i need a torx socket. wtf? wot did u do. my cars a BA MkII xr6.... so frustrating...
KINKSTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:38   #4 (permalink)

i just replied to you in your other thread. you just need a 5 or 6mm socket. no need for the torx bit. What speaker models did you get? I've done heaps to my other car. I had the BA MK1 and i changed all the audio gear in there. if you need some advice or help, let me know. I am about to change all the gear in my typhoon. i was thinking polk gear all round except for the sub and the line convertors. are you amping the polk speakers?
Old 10-28-2005, 04:53   #5 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAZLA
i just replied to you in your other thread. you just need a 5 or 6mm socket. no need for the torx bit. What speaker models did you get? I've done heaps to my other car. I had the BA MK1 and i changed all the audio gear in there. if you need some advice or help, let me know. I am about to change all the gear in my typhoon. i was thinking polk gear all round except for the sub and the line convertors. are you amping the polk speakers?
oh really? damn, i coodve had it all dun instead of fretting. um i got the dbs70 model, the sales man sed they r heaps good, and wicked wen theyre amped up. im only gunna put them in the front atm, run off the hed unit. ive got JVC 6x9s to take out of my old skyline, but not sure if they'll fit. ive also got a sony xplod sub and 800watta AMX amp, wich will all go in won day. but ill need a high level adjustment thingy, i dunno, cos of the standard cd playa. $100 bux 4 that too. wot hav u dun to your typhoon? man those cars are wild, hav u seen the BF model? very very sweet. wot do u think of these capa flash tuners btw?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:17   #6 (permalink)

I haven't changed the gear in my typhoon yet. still researching it all again. i have only seen the BF typhoon in mags and on the net. i have enquired to upgrade to it last week but the sales guy offered me $27-$28,000 less than RRP of a new one as a trade in for my existing 3 month old BA typhoon. I didn't pay RRP of course but i certainly didn't get a discount anywhere near what he offered me. the car is 3 months old. he obviously doesn't want any more business from me. Only bought 2 cars (typhoon and ltd) and sent 3 other people their way to purchase cars in the last 3 months. wasn't impressed. anyway, enough ranting.

I put 6.5 inch JBL split in the front, MBQuartz 6x9's in the back, 12 inch JL sub, equalizer, 2 Kicker amps, a 1.2F Cap and stinger speaker line to rca convertors in the BA XR6. The 6x9's are a bitch to put in. i had to put huge spacers in to fit them. really wasn't worth it. All the Speaker holes are 5x7 so 6x9's just don't fit. sux really.I wasn't happy with how it all came out. i stuffed up with my speaker selection. i should have put the same brand speaker in the front and rear. bad decision.

I currently use the stealth tuner in my typhoon. It is exactly the same as the capa except more expensive because it comes from herrods. The reason i went down that path was to keep my warranty. the dealer i went to is a herrods dealer and therefore will warranty any faults even if the tuner caused it.

In my typhoon im looking at putting the polk mmc6500 6.5 inch splits in the front, polk mmc650 6.5 inch coaxials in the rear, 2 polk amps (400.4 for speakers and 500.1 for the sub), 1.2F Cap, and an audiocontrol convertor for the speaker line out to rca. i haven't decided on the sub as yet.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:28   #7 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

I currently use the stealth tuner in my typhoon. It is exactly the same as the capa except more expensive because it comes from herrods. The reason i went down that path was to keep my warranty. the dealer i went to is a herrods dealer and therefore will warranty any faults even if the tuner caused it.

a stealth tuner aye? wots that like moneywise, and power etc wise? i mean i wanna boost my xr6 over 200kw. i mean a havnt dun anything yet, i will get an exhaust sumtime this year tho. intake possibly. i want to get the same power as an xr6 turb, cos i think itll sound beta 4 starters, no turbo whoosh, lol. but if its a typhoon, whoosh is wicked. i reckon, ford should turb/or supercharge a v8, that wood be unreal. turboes r beta on v8s cos of the lower rpm, but supercharga means instant.....POWER! ford are so radical compared to commonbores..!!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 05:39   #8 (permalink)

i paid $1300 for the stealth tuner and it gives me 263KW at the rear wheels. you need to get it from a ford dealership that is a herrods dealer and let them install it to keep your warranty. it takes them 5 mins to install it. let me know what you think of the polk speakers.
Old 10-28-2005, 18:49   #9 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

also wot about the back speakers. those grills on the parcel shelf do they lift? or are they fixed on? or does the whole parcel shelf cum up? those lil plastic things r bloody annoying, but i spose they're gr8, imagine how heavy the car would be if they were all screws! :-/
Old 10-28-2005, 23:33   #10 (permalink)

the grills come off but i found it easier just taking the whole lot out as i was making custom mounts and spacers for the rear speakers. the plastic things are a bitch to get out, but your right, they save on weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security