Premium Cd Stacker wont work - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2004, 23:22   #1 (permalink)

confused Premium Cd Stacker wont work

G'day all

Im having some trouble with my 6 disc cd stacker attached to my ford sound system. I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but it seems everytime i press the cd button on my head unit, the code " 1E " appears in the display. As the car didn't come with a technical booklet i have no idea what it means. As a result of this problem, i could not get my cd cassette out of the unit and i had a jammed cd. Eventually i removed the stacker unit, took it apart and remove all cds and the cassette but when i hooked all of it back up the same error code appears, even though there is nothing in it. I would greatly appreciate anyone telling me all the error codes that occur on this unit.

One interesting thing i observed in all of this is when the cd cassette was out of the unit and the eject button was pushed it functioned normally (the button flashed several times and i could hear/see the gears turning) but when the cassette was placed in the unit ,even without a cd, i could not hear anything going on. Its like the cassette is stoping the unit from functioning.

I took down the details on the back of the unit just incase it helps.

Ford 94DA-18C830-AA
Model# FCH 006A1X
FMS Audio
54861085w04-0

I have a 1995 Nf Fairlane Ghia

I would appreciate any information on this issue

Thanks
camcar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 21:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: Premium Cd Stacker wont work

Hi,

I am sorry that I cannot help with your problem, I am having the same error code on the same type of stacker. Just wondering if you have been able to figure out what was wrong and shed any light on the matter?

The only thing I can think might be wrong is we took the magazine/cartridge out and reloaded it while it was raining lightly. There were a couple of water drops on the CDs but we had been playing them fine until 'E1' appeared on the head unit.

Be grateful for any help.
nb302
nb302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:43   #3 (permalink)

Re: Premium Cd Stacker wont work

I have same problem as camcar95. Head unit reports 1 ERR. When stacker electrical connector is removed the error code changes to 0 ERR.

No other apparent symptoms noticed. Did a reboot of battery power to car to re-enter security code to head unit, but no change of response from cd stacker. Appreciate any advice on what the cause of problem may be.

Ciao, Tim
trobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security