Ford Forums banner

Premium Cd Stacker wont work

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  trobbins 
#1 ·
G'day all

Im having some trouble with my 6 disc cd stacker attached to my ford sound system. I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but it seems everytime i press the cd button on my head unit, the code " 1E " appears in the display. As the car didn't come with a technical booklet i have no idea what it means. As a result of this problem, i could not get my cd cassette out of the unit and i had a jammed cd. Eventually i removed the stacker unit, took it apart and remove all cds and the cassette but when i hooked all of it back up the same error code appears, even though there is nothing in it. I would greatly appreciate anyone telling me all the error codes that occur on this unit.

One interesting thing i observed in all of this is when the cd cassette was out of the unit and the eject button was pushed it functioned normally (the button flashed several times and i could hear/see the gears turning) but when the cassette was placed in the unit ,even without a cd, i could not hear anything going on. Its like the cassette is stoping the unit from functioning.

I took down the details on the back of the unit just incase it helps.

Ford 94DA-18C830-AA
Model# FCH 006A1X
FMS Audio
54861085w04-0

I have a 1995 Nf Fairlane Ghia

I would appreciate any information on this issue

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

I am sorry that I cannot help with your problem, I am having the same error code on the same type of stacker. Just wondering if you have been able to figure out what was wrong and shed any light on the matter?

The only thing I can think might be wrong is we took the magazine/cartridge out and reloaded it while it was raining lightly. There were a couple of water drops on the CDs but we had been playing them fine until 'E1' appeared on the head unit.

Be grateful for any help.
nb302

#3 ·
I have same problem as camcar95. Head unit reports 1 ERR. When stacker electrical connector is removed the error code changes to 0 ERR.

No other apparent symptoms noticed. Did a reboot of battery power to car to re-enter security code to head unit, but no change of response from cd stacker. Appreciate any advice on what the cause of problem may be.

Ciao, Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.