PS2 mounting ideas - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2004, 20:21   #1 (permalink)
Gonna fit a twin cam

PS2 mounting ideas

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for ways to mount a ps2? At this stage, im thinking under the seat, in an mdf box (to allow it to be screwed down), with ventilation holes for the fan. Any other suggestions? The glove box is out, cause it wont fit :(
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2004, 21:51   #2 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Re: PS2 mounting ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Na
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for ways to mount a ps2? At this stage, im thinking under the seat, in an mdf box (to allow it to be screwed down), with ventilation holes for the fan. Any other suggestions? The glove box is out, cause it wont fit :(
Do you have a split rear seat?????

Maybe make up some brackets and put it in behind there. Out of the way and hidden from light fingers......
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 00:03   #3 (permalink)

All depends if you want a permanent install or not. I have mine located under passenger seat and it sits in a 6mm mdf frame to stop it sliding. All the leads run to under the seat so i can disconnect it and use it anywhere and take it out so it dont get stolen.
MR AUII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 00:23   #4 (permalink)
Gonna fit a twin cam

Thats the sort of thing I was thinking about, but carpeting it etc to protect it from feet, and so that it is not so visible. Unfortunatly, the rear seat wont be an option, as it sill get in the way of the sub box.
Old 03-11-2004, 23:51   #5 (permalink)

my piece of mdf is painted black and it is screwed into the floor tucked right under the seat. You can not see it at all unless front seat slides all the way forward. There was just enough clearance between ps2 and seat and no one has yet kicked it or even noticed it there while sitting in the rear.
MR AUII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:29   #6 (permalink)

Some quick ideas as I am currently working on mounting mne. I am haveing anew piece made from fiberglass to replace the back section of the center console. I will lose the cup holder and steroe controls, but the PS2 will be flush mounted standing up, that way I can also use it to play DVD's in the headrests as well.
I have seen it mounted under the Glove box as well as center console, howeeer the center console isnt really optimal, as the PS2 basically has ot lay on its side and it isnt really designed to do so.
I have seen a couple people take them apart and relocate ports and the trays, but thats a little too much I think
Good luck!
gatorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 17:19   #7 (permalink)
Gonna fit a twin cam

Well, ive decided to go with the back seat option, mounted in a sort of box. Controller extenders will be run under the back seats/carpet, and mounted in the center console, allowing the controllers to be pluged in there. Just means that I have to re think my idea for the sub box, to allow the seat to close with out hitting the box.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:15   #8 (permalink)
No longer around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Na
Well, ive decided to go with the back seat option, mounted in a sort of box. Controller extenders will be run under the back seats/carpet, and mounted in the center console, allowing the controllers to be pluged in there. Just means that I have to re think my idea for the sub box, to allow the seat to close with out hitting the box.
tim, your car is getting out of hand look at all the things youve done in ur sig.!!!

also have ya got any pics of the EF interior???
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 23:55   #9 (permalink)

hey Low Na where are you putting the screen?
rear headrests? or dash. i got an ED gli, similar to yor car..
THELTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 19:27   #10 (permalink)
Gonna fit a twin cam

When I had the ea-ed style dash in the car, I had the screed mounted just to the left of the trip computer. Now that I have the ef dash, im not sure where to mount it, still have to work that one out.

Yeah, things have been getting out of control a bit lately, but thats ok. All fun and games :) Havent got pics atm, cause the car is in the panel shop getting re-sprayed. Im also in the process of modifying the front trims for a speaker mount. This way, I dont have to have pods screwed to the trims. When done, the whole lot will be vacum formed, to look factory.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security