Radio off delay - 2002 XLT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:11 AM
Jonah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Radio off delay - 2002 XLT

My radio stays on after the key is turned off. I seem to remember some mention of a way to disable this feature in the
manual, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know how it's done?
Thanks.


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:11 AM
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radio off delay - 2002 XLT

Open the door....


"Jonah" <NoSpam4Me@home.Gov> wrote in message
news99oe.1799$rt3.908@fe03.lga...
> My radio stays on after the key is turned off. I seem to remember some

mention of a way to disable this feature in the
> manual, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know how it's done?
> Thanks.



 
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:11 AM
Searcher1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radio off delay - 2002 XLT

push the radio control knob IN

Searcher1


 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:11 AM
Jonah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radio off delay - 2002 XLT

You guys are SO helpful

Jim Warman wrote:
> Open the door....
>
>
> "Jonah" <NoSpam4Me@home.Gov> wrote in message
> news99oe.1799$rt3.908@fe03.lga...
>
>>My radio stays on after the key is turned off. I seem to remember some

>
> mention of a way to disable this feature in the
>
>>manual, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know how it's done?
>>Thanks.

>
>
>

 
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:11 AM
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radio off delay - 2002 XLT

Other than an electronic shrug, I can only suggest reassigning one radio
circuit to a different branch. There are no options on any of our scan tools
for this action so I don't think you'll find a procedure.


"Jonah" <NoSpam4Me@home.Gov> wrote in message
news:z3soe.2043$rt3.1336@fe03.lga...
> You guys are SO helpful
>
> Jim Warman wrote:
> > Open the door....
> >
> >
> > "Jonah" <NoSpam4Me@home.Gov> wrote in message
> > news99oe.1799$rt3.908@fe03.lga...
> >
> >>My radio stays on after the key is turned off. I seem to remember some

> >
> > mention of a way to disable this feature in the
> >
> >>manual, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know how it's done?
> >>Thanks.

> >
> >
> >



 
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:11 AM
Searcher1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radio off delay - 2002 XLT

Wish we could do more for ya, Like Jim suggested other than reassigning the
electric leads theres really nothing you can do. Try being a PI with a car
that the headlights stay on for 3 min after you shut off the ignition, it's
frustrating!

Searcher1


 
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:12 AM
wth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radio off delay - 2002 XLT

That's adjustable. Factory default is 20 sec, mine is set for 30 sec.
wth

"Searcher1" <ACBRN@CS.ver.aol.com> wrote in message
news:LSsoe.6905$yS2.4748@trnddc07...
> Wish we could do more for ya, Like Jim suggested other than reassigning
> the electric leads theres really nothing you can do. Try being a PI with a
> car that the headlights stay on for 3 min after you shut off the ignition,
> it's frustrating!
>
> Searcher1
>
>



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome