Radio/Stereo Problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2006, 15:46   #1 (permalink)

confused Radio/Stereo Problems

I just bought a 2002 Ford Escape XLS. I Love It! :) But Im having a problem with the sound system.

I start my vehicle up and push the button to turn on the radio. Nothing happens. I have to wait 1-3 minutes for it to come on. Then after driving I turn the engine off, if I turn it right back on the radio is on. BUT if I leave the vehicle setting for hours I have to wait again the 1-3 minutes for it to come on.

I have never seen a vehicle do this. All radios Ive seen, if you leave the radio on when you shut the engine off. It automatically comes back on as soon as you turn the engine on again.

Any ideas why I have to wait for my radio to "Warm Up" before it starts? Thanks.

John
trekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2006, 17:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: Radio/Stereo Problems

It says my post was moved. Where was it moved to?
Old 01-29-2006, 16:45   #3 (permalink)

So no one knows why my stereo would do this? :(
Old 01-29-2006, 18:38   #4 (permalink)
CaR bUfF pRoDiGy

i have no idea why u would be having this problem, especially on such a new car...i dont know.

ill do some research into it, but im not makin any promises. ill le tyou know if i find an answer for you
Old 02-01-2006, 15:24   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrider
i have no idea why u would be having this problem, especially on such a new car...i dont know.

ill do some research into it, but im not makin any promises. ill le tyou know if i find an answer for you
Thank You Radrider :) Ive asked this question on 3 different boards and your the first to respond. I talked to two dealerships and they have never heard of the problem either. They said they just replace the radio! :(
Old 02-01-2006, 21:34   #6 (permalink)

I have also never heard of such a thing...mayge the capacitors in the power supply are bleeding off--maybe to ground or something. Has there been any work done to the radio or the dash? If not, then the radio is just a paper-weight now. Unless you are a damn good electronic tech, I suggest just replacing it and moving on. Some things can be fixxed, some are just disposable.
redneckf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 18:50   #7 (permalink)

sometimes when the battery is removed the head unit needs a code to be inserted so the unit will function normally, all headunits work differently so its just a guess, i would try pulling both radio fuses, if you cant find both fuses disconect the battery for 10 seconds or so, this will make the processor in the unit reset could work could not no harm in trying again just make sure you have the security code and know how to input it, its also a good idea to ask ford if it is ok to disconect the battery some fords will go into shut down and you wont be able to start them again!!! good luck let me know how you go :o)
xtreme069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security