rear speakers in 97 SHO - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2001, 19:43   #1 (permalink)
94PGT97SHO

Question rear speakers in 97 SHO

Hi, I'm new here, and don't know exactly where to post.
I recently upgraded the front speakers in my 97 Taurus SHO, and it was pretty easy. I would like to change the rear speakers, but have no idea how to get to them. I checked a Haynes manual, but couldn't find anything of help. From the trunk, I can see where the speakers are mounted, and the several clips holding the piece covering the speakers/high-mounted brake light, but still don't know how to get the cover off. Can anyone describe to me how this can be done?
Also, there is a space for a third speaker in between the two factory 5x7s...It appears to be for a 6x9 or or a 7x10. Has anyone put a speaker in that space? What size speaker fits there?
Please, anyone with any knowledge on the subject help me out.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security