Remote car starter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 18:55   #1 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Remote car starter

Yeah, I know, this isn't about a Ford, but this isn't about our Pontiac, but the remote starter we added.It's an 04 Grand Prix GTP and about a year and a half ago, I had an after market remote starter installed. Shortly after, the coolant temperature sensor would pop up as failed. First time around I replaced the sensor. Second time around, I got a little smarter and actually tested it, fine, the system was actually alarming it before the engine had time to warm up. Suddenly, now the problem is growing, it's giving me a low transmission fluid temp diagnostic when you first start the car... and it's cold out (imagine that), ABS diagnostic, and traction control disabled (which I really could care less about). I'm not sure if the ABS or traction control can be blamed on it, but the sensors are reading fine, just not being ignored until the car warms up. Ever heard of this? I'm going to take it back to the remote installer, I'll let you know what I found out, but I'd appreciate an input if anyone has ever heard of this.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security