Sat Nav/dvd Can Be Fitted To Ba Premium Audio Screen Aftermarket!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2003, 17:07   #1 (permalink)

Sat Nav/dvd Can Be Fitted To Ba Premium Audio Screen Aftermarket!!!

I am happy to announce that a satellite navigation and dvd player can be aftermarket fitted to the new BA Falcon Premium Audio screen. The system needs to be professionally fitted but actually has been designed to plug straight in. The components used are all Blaupunkt and works perfectly in the system!
I currently sell new Fords at Etheridge Ford in Ringwood, Victoria and would be happy to discuss this with anyone interested just email me back
I also have video footage of the intergrated system working on a BA premium audio system.
FPVTXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2003, 06:23   #2 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Re: Sat Nav/dvd Can Be Fitted To Ba Premium Audio Screen Aftermarket!!!

what sort of dollars?? this is pretty interesting, I dont think any body else has managed to do this yet??
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 04:18   #3 (permalink)

I am still trying to work out the pricing with Blaupunkt and the fitters seeing as though it is exclusive to us at the moment, but from the early discussions a fully intergrated satnav/dvd system fitted looks like it will be around $4995.00
Both units (satnav/dvd) will both be Blaupunkts top of the line systems.
No point fitting anything less to the best cars on the planet!!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 04:35   #4 (permalink)

And yes, this will be the first of its kind anywhere no one else has yet figured a way to intergrate these systems.
Old 08-25-2003, 20:00   #5 (permalink)
EB XR8 Owner

5 grand? That's a bit steep considering the screen is already there. You're paying for the sat nav and dvd units.

Personally, if I had a BA, I'd wait for the rush of aftermarket products soon to come. Definately will be cheaper than 5 grand.
- GT scoop and wing
- Kenwood mp3 player, Kenwood splits and 6x9s
- Momo woodgrain steering wheel & gearknob
ED195KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 23:22   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Thats if you wait, if you want it now as is with everything, first ones off the line are always more :(
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:49   #7 (permalink)

Considering that the factory Sattelite Navigation system is $3600.00 alone and this also intergrates a top of the line DVD player as well I really don't think that a $4995.00 price tag on this option is really that far out of the ball park and considering that purchasers of this vehicles are responding very well to the option and price I think it will sell quite well. My personal vehicle is being fitted with the system and should be finished by tommorrow afternoon so hopefully anyone interested will now be able to see the system working.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:54   #8 (permalink)

$5000 is darn expensive! Does the existing screen have enough colours and resolution to run a DVD movie without looking dodgy? Does anyone know the resolution and how many colours the screen has? How much would the price be using just the satnav and creating an input for an XBOX or ps2 instead of the expensive Blaupunkt system?

Cheers,
Chris.
CDM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 17:11   #9 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

This is the reply I just received from Blaupunkt in reply to an email I sent them.

Quote:
Hi,
You can see this in action at Ethridge Ford in Ringwood. Contact - Cameron McGrath. RRP's are as follows. These are not 100% confirmed yet as the interface will not be avail. for approx. 2 weeks, but they will be close to this:

Navigation & BA Multimedia Interface - RRP approx. $2999
DVD, MP3 & BA Multimedia Interface - RRP approx. $1499
Navigation, DVD, MP3 and BA Multimedia Interface - RRP approx. $4499
Sounds pretty good, $1500 for a DVD/MP3 player and the option to upgrade to Navigation later.

I am also keen to know what the resolution of the ICC is whilst viewing DVDs, also keen to know where everything gets installed in the car.

Last edited by XR6na; 09-25-2003 at 03:55.
XR6na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 21:40   #10 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Hmmm . . . Is the central panel in the BA's really in a remotely useful place for watching dvd's ? If you weren't after satnav, I'd be thinking more about aftermarket gear and trying to get a more caprice style setup ( figuring that dvd is primarily for rear passengers ).

How does it go with the whole legal thing anyways ( isn't it illegal to play dvd's on a screen visible to the driver ? )
*lol* ain't we a bunch of wet blankets :)

Altho I will say gratz for figuring it out - its good to see that people are trying ( and making headway ) into this area - it was looking pretty gloomy for a while there . . .
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security