Security code required - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2005, 02:28   #1 (permalink)

Security code required

I own a 2001 AU XLS cab-chassis. After disconnecting the battery recently I entered the radio security code that came with the car only to receive the "error" message. I went to a Ford service centre and they punched up exactly the same code on their computer. So, my book says this is the code, Ford says it is the code, but the stereo doesn't believe them! The dealer's solution was to book the truck in for a day so they could pull the stereo out, get the serial number, and send off to the manufacturer for the code. I don't want to lose my truck for a day; I earn my living with it. Does anyone know if the unit can be 'reset' in some way so it recognises the code, or at least can someone tell me how to get the stereo out of the XLS dash so I can get the serial number? The unit is an AM/FM radio / single CD combination.

Thanks
worktruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2005, 02:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: Security code required

You need the proper radio removal tools that fit into the 4 round holes either side of the unit. Go back to the dealer, ask them to remove the radio (takes 5 seconds), give them the VIN number and the radio and you can go off to work. Won't take them long to get the code from the serial number, it can all be done on their computer link with Ford, I used to do this sorta stuff all the time when I was working as workshop controller at an Adelaide dealership.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 13:59   #3 (permalink)

Thanks 'smally'

Out of curiousity, was/is it a common problem for the codes to be incorrect?
Old 03-21-2005, 14:35   #4 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Its not that the code is wrong, is more likely that the unit has been changed at one stage and the new code not recorded.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 21:46   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Marvellous how a bit of knowledge boosts confidence when dealing with Mr Serviceperson. I walked into the dealership and said "code I have is incorrect, you need to drop the radio out quickly and get the correct code from the serial number".
Service guy grabs the magic tools and has the radio out in about thirty seconds flat. 10 minutes later I am on my way with working radio. As Dellboy suggested, turns out the radio had been changed. Thanks again.

I have my code, I have music, I have my sanity. Well, two out of three ain't bad.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:05   #6 (permalink)

Dont you love it when things just work!
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security