security system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 04:55   #1 (permalink)

Lightbulb security system

Hi guys, I've got a 93 eb xr8 and I am putting in a new engine that will run on straight gas. I have a msd ignition system so I got rid of all the efi sensors, wires, plugs, etc as there is no fuel tank in the car, will never run on petrol again. I was wondering what sort of security system i could put on so it doesnt go missing, one that is hopefully not to pricey. Any suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated as this is not my area thanks.
Adam
82xeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2005, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
old B - new B

Re: security system

g`day

i use a few different brands of car security in my workshop and i think that the Mongoose M80S is about the pick of the crop at the moment .

these have 3 point immobiliser , security housing , all black wires etc.
should be able to get one for around $500 fitted.

there are other systems that have more bells and flashy bits but they mostly are not as good at securing the vehical.( the main aim of the project )

what ever you decide on, i would insist on an Australian Standards approved system . there are a lot on the market that dont come even close to meeting the Aust Standards. even some of the big brand names.

good luck

www.mongoose.com.au
www.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
old B - new B

me again
i ment to say that it sounds like a nice package you are putting together . i`m a bit of a fan of the LPG . if i was to biuld a new engine for my old XB i think i would go that way. my BA ute is dedicated gas
Old 07-24-2005, 17:59   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for that I have never heard of that system so it shows how true my statement was that car security is not my area. Yeah when you think of all the benefits of gas there is no real downside.

In another questiond what do people think of the smartlock that is on the car is it sufficient or absolutely useless against someone who knows what they are doing?
Thanks Adam.
82xeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 19:36   #5 (permalink)
XW GT

smart lock is Sh#t
had an eb with smart lock. on night on the piss lost the keys. had to break in and hot wire it coz i could get a locksmith to come out on a sunday morning.
Didnt know a lot about it but a mate mechanic seamed to sort it out pretty quickly, nothing a wiring chart cant fix.
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:50   #6 (permalink)
old B - new B

one problem with factory fitted security systems is that all of that model will be the same setup so if someone works out how to bypass the system on one car then they can use the same method on every other car of that model.

with after market security systems every body fits the system a little differently and that helps to make it harder for the badies to work it out. its all a matter of making the job of stealing your car take longer.

the smart lock system controls the starter and injectors , so on your car with the gas it will almost be redundant. i guess better than nothing but if it was mine i`d be adding something better.

take a look at www.carsafe.com.au

they have a lot of info there that might help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security