Ford Forums banner

Size of Speaker hole in AU's???

20K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  xr08wa 
#1 ·
Just a question regarding the size of the speaker holes in the AU.

What are the size of the holes in the parcel shelf and front doors?

In another thread, there is talk of 7 x 5's speakers in the rear parcel shelf. This seems to be a strange size. I have heard of 6x9's and 7x10's, but never 7x5's.

Also, what size are the door speakers?

Reason? I am finally updating my car. I plan to get a AU II Futura or Falcon SR. I want to put my current stereo in the new car.

Would my 6x9's fit in the parcel shelf? I also have 4inch speakers in the front grill. I am hoping these will fit in the front.

Also, I am lead to believe that there is a hole for a sub. 8 inch from what I am told. Is this true?

Cheers!!!

Ken

See less See more
#4 ·
6 x 9's do fit in the rear parcel shelf (mine has them) but it does require a small cut. The original size is 5x9" just to be bloody difficult.

Not sure on the door size.

Cheers'Russ

#10 ·
Forte, auto, six.

Check my post in The Pub.

The bloody stereo actually doesn't even work!!! I took the car for a test drive, and had it off, as I was listening for strange noises. (There wasn't any)

So, after I drove out of the car yard, I turned the stereo on, and nothing happened. Quick U-turn, and back to the dealers.

Getting a brand new one fitted tomorrow, as the car is still under factory warrenty.

Top work Ford!!

#12 ·
I`ve got 6" Splits and 6" two ways in the back. If you use a spacer you will get them in without cutting metal. Whatever you guys do DONT cut metal from your cars, you dont need to.

Use good 6" and combine with a sub if poss for the best effect.

Cheers:

:s5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.