Ford Forums banner

Smartlock shenanigans

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dellboy999 
#1 ·
This all started this arvo. Was checking a leak in one of the tail lights, closed the boot, noticed the hazard lights were going on and off. I figure I've hit the switch and not realised, but pressing it has done nothing. I figure starting the car might cure it. Click.....nothing.

The hazard lights continued to play up, pulling all the fuses did nothing to stop them. Pulled the battery, they start up the moment you connect it.

I get Smartlock code four when I try to start the car, what that is and how to fix it I have no idea. The 30 minute thing to reset the module does nothing.

I think the problem is an aftermarket immobiliser. I'll try get a mate wise in such matters to turn it off for me, but that'll be tomorrow.

All on the first day I get the car haha, lucky me.

#2 ·
Ahhhhh, it turns out it's not smartlock at all.

It's the alarm all right, it's playing funny buggers. I don't have the smartlock pad, I've been using the alarm one, which is obviously turning the immobiliser on and off without me realising. Probably turned it on when I opened the boot to check the tail light leak.

I know it'll be hard without exact details, but how easy is it to remove and alarm system? Would I run into any problems with it thinking I'm taking it out to pinch the car and lock everything up?

#4 ·
Alarms are a piece of cake to remove, find the controller and just trace all the wires back to the point they connect to the wiring harness and remove them, if it is imobolising the car, then 1 wire at least (it may imobilise more points) will be cut in 2, so just reconnect the wire back together and away you go.

I would suggest you get a new more reliable alarm, and then have your mate help replace the one installed already or get an auto elec to do it for you.

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.