solex locks Should I or Not - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 18:12   #1 (permalink)

solex locks Should I or Not

just wanting to get feeback should i install solex locks to my Xf Falcon our stick with just standard locks and alarm system
twilightdiscos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2005, 02:11   #2 (permalink)
old B - new B

Re: solex locks Should I or Not

i have fitted a few sets to customers cars, VK - VL commos ,

the idea seems ok , harder to get something in to turn,
but check if you can get ones to suit your specific model ( XF falcon ) as the one i have fitted have been the universial fit type ( customers supplied their own parts ) and the fit was pretty dodgy in the commodores.( might be made for jap cars ??) .

if i could not get better fitting ones i would give them a miss.

A QUICK TIP .... see if you can find some inside lock grips ( the ones in the top of the door trim ) that DONT have a nob on the top ..

........makes it harder to pull them up with a wire or tape .
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 19:06   #3 (permalink)
Demeritator

Not. They may be tough to pick, but they are equally tough to use. Not an easy open, especially as the key gets dirty and doesn't fit nicely. I put them in one of my old cars and wished I hadn't after a few months. IMPOSSIBLE to open pissed too.
Old 11-23-2005, 20:22   #4 (permalink)
XW GT

Solex = Crap.
They Dont Fit Properly So If You Really Want To Break In You Can Just Pop Them Outand Get Direct Access To The Door Locking Bar.
The Key Has To Be Pretty Much Perfectly Level To Work, None Of This Just Shove It In And Turn, Like Others Said Pretty Annoying To Use If Dirty Or Even Minor Dust, As For Getting In Pissed, That Might Save Some Other Headaches Later. If You Looking At Making You Car Harder To Break Into Then Dont Do It, Instead Get A Central Locking Kit I Think These Are Even Cheaper, Hook That Up And Then Take Out The Locks All Together Bit Of Body Work And Then Hard As To Get In, But If Yours Are Just Stuffed Just Get Your Ones Replace With Standards.
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 20:20   #5 (permalink)
Slammed XF

i have an xf falcon ute and i got solex locks specifically designed for my car from supercheap and they fit perfect no hassles at all ive had the lock covered in mud after some circle work and still works fine havent had any troubles at all. i wouldnt be able to rip them out with a screwdriver either they're locked in quite firm
slammedxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security