sound systems for ba's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2004, 21:50   #1 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

sound systems for ba's

can anyone tell me what is involved in putting aftermarket amplifiers and subs into my ba xr8 ute.i already have the prestige audio but i want to upgrade.
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2004, 17:48   #2 (permalink)
EFII Ghia owner

Re: sound systems for ba's

shouldnt be to hard, id imagine the head units would not have rca outputs so you simply would have to get an amp which has high level inputs (which many amps these days have for that reason), and connect the factory speaker cable to the amp, and your set. easy
EF_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 02:53   #3 (permalink)

In my BA XR8 ute i have had Focal 6x9 in the back and splits in the front and an alpine amp installed. Looks totally stock, no different speaker covers cut in. Seriosly thinking about a sub. I think it's Clarion or maybe Alpine that make a sub that is very similar in size to a play station 1. The magnet sits inside the cone and it is all self contained. I've measured it up and it would sit great on in the spaces cab. Current system is great on CD but when on radio makes me wonder why I spent the money!
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 19:42   #4 (permalink)

I have a orion 15 inch sub run by a kenwwod amp in my xr8 sedan.
I sourced power fron the amp from the acc near the head unit.... spiced the rcas into the rear speakers so it can be faded in and out to my liking with the back speakers...
daves8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security