Spooks in the stereo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2006, 13:29   #1 (permalink)

confused Spooks in the stereo

Hi, I have a factory CD/radio in my 98 AU. Sometimes when I start the car up the radio comes on all by itself. The strange thing is - I don't use the radio, hence the switch for turning on doesn't get used either. Unless this is a fully automated system unique to my car (which I doubt) what on earth would cause this to happen? Anyone got any clues? Also if anyone knows of a 3 function unit for sale i.e. Radio/CD/Tape Deck drop me a line and we can talk dollars. Thanks guys.
98 AU Futura 6cyl auto. XR8 mags, front DBA slotted rotors, rear spoiler, louvre, towbar, grille mesh, Tickford snorkel, painted rocker cover, Fairlane leather wheel, blue dials, chrome inside door handles, chrome cup holder, XR blue/black leather T-bar shift handle, front lambswools, Ford tow pack, dash mat, rear console and front footwell lamps, slimline weather shields.
BLUAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2006, 23:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: Spooks in the stereo

Definately sounds like there's a ghost in the machine...what do you want a tape-player for anyway!

Sounds like there's a problem with the switch or board, etc...you'll have to take it apart to find out, but really, what do you want a tape-player for! Enquiring minds want to know!
redneckf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 00:30   #3 (permalink)

Re: Spooks in the stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckf150
Definately sounds like there's a ghost in the machine...what do you want a tape-player for anyway!

Sounds like there's a problem with the switch or board, etc...you'll have to take it apart to find out, but really, what do you want a tape-player for! Enquiring minds want to know!
Definitely something is up in the electronics of this unit. The reason I want a tape deck is this: I am doing studies which are sent to me from the U.S. The lectures are still produced on audio tape. Being as I cannot afford to have them done to CD, I figured that this may be a cheaper alternative. Hope I satisfied the enquiring minds? Cheers.
98 AU Futura 6cyl auto. XR8 mags, front DBA slotted rotors, rear spoiler, louvre, towbar, grille mesh, Tickford snorkel, painted rocker cover, Fairlane leather wheel, blue dials, chrome inside door handles, chrome cup holder, XR blue/black leather T-bar shift handle, front lambswools, Ford tow pack, dash mat, rear console and front footwell lamps, slimline weather shields.
BLUAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 18:34   #4 (permalink)

cool Re: Spooks in the stereo

I think you just need to replace the stereo. Maybe a radio/tape-player with an external CD changer? I don't know of any stereos that do all three, but the setup I mentioned is quite prolific. Maybe check on E-Bay for a used one or something. My 1999 Ford F-150 came with this setup from the factory. I even wired in an external plug for my Mp3-player. Good luck...What you studying and where do you live?
redneckf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security