Stereo Equipment - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2001, 20:45   #1 (permalink)
exodius

Stereo Equipment

For those who have EF/EL Falcons;-

what stereo do you run? setup wise?

curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2001, 07:43   #2 (permalink)
BLU

I'm running a Pioneer P4050 detachable face remote control 4x45w,Phillips 2 way polypropylene coned up front 140w,rears are also Phillips 3 way 180w professinal series.
both front and rear are 6 1/2 inch.A Rockford Fosgate 10 inch Sub driven by a 400w Jackson amp. It sounds Ok !

Pete
BLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 07:57   #3 (permalink)

I have an EF, with Alpine 7873r head unit, Focal 165 Kevlar 6.5inch components front (stock locations)
standard rear fill speakers, which have been capped to play frequencies above 150hz
A Focal 27v sub (11 inch) in 22 ltr sealed box.
an Orion 200.4 amp driving fronts and sub.

Falcons have great potential for great SQ, their front stage is mounted forward and high in the doors, and I have my subb facing forward in the boot so I can fold my split seat down.
roTor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:34   #4 (permalink)

I have an old sony XR-C7200, with sony 10 stack CD, a Unilink Aux port, an old Clarion in car T.V. (Dash Mounted), with SVideo Connector, connected to a playstation 2 for DVD's and games. The PS2 is powered by a 70Watt 240Volt inverter, and is mounted in a box under the passenger seat. (The PS2 is completely removable, and is only in there for long cruises). The Head unit is connected to the Standard Ford 200Watt Amplifier, powering Jaycar CS-2244 10" Carbon Fibre Sub, 2x Jaycar CS-2240 6.5" Carbon fibre Woofers, 2x Response Ferrofluid cooled Dome Midrange, and 2x Audio Gods Peizo Tweeters. The back parcel tray was made, using 18mm MDF, and the original carpet. The Speaker grills were sprayed the same colour as the carpet. For the front, Ive used 2x Response Ferrofluid cooled Dome Mid Range, and the standard Ford Speakers. (I havent replaced them, cuz I couldnt be bothered, but I added a crossover to them to stop them from farting). Ive also got a Audio Gods 800 Watt Amp, powering 2x Jaycar CS-2228 Subs, in a 100 Litre Box. The Box comes out most of the time, cuz of its weight. The Jaycar speakers are Reasonably good, The Audio god tweeters are a pain, The Sony is a reliable head unit, but it is about 2 years old now, and there are much better units on the market. The Clarion was a bargain, and was imported from Japan for a total of $700Au. Since then, I have wanted to replace the sony Gear with Clarion stuff..
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 11:09   #5 (permalink)
PXR

Very very basic, I had Alpine splits in the front abt $220 With Alpine stacker on Original head unit all controls worked as per factory & it cleaned up the sound also remained stock when seen in carparks
PXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 19:34   #6 (permalink)
exodius

thanks for all the replies guys.. least have half an idea :0

my idea was
JVC Mp3 Deck
Clarion/JVC Front speakers (not sure yet)
Clarion/JVC 6" Subs in shelf
2 x 12" clarion 200rms subs in the boot

(front, rear and subs all running on amps)

money is the factor now :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security