Sub in ba ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2005, 01:57   #1 (permalink)

Sub in ba ute

Proud new owner of a black XR6T ute. Anyway want to put a ten inch sub behind the passenger seat + amp. Wondering if anyone else has done a similar job and if they have any tips about box dimensions and placement etc. Also curious how I would go about hooking up the factory speakers to the amp, or would I be better of installing some aftermarket ones. I have a set of 180 watt pioneer 6 inch splits with tweaters, would they replace the factory speakers i.e. would they fit in the holes or would I have to cut holes. Any ideas or comments will be appreciated, cheers.
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2005, 05:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Sub in ba ute

Have a look in the Ute forum . There's a few posts on this subject .
The stock speakers are 5 x 7's , but you can make 6"s fit with a bit
of fiddling apparently . The stock speakers are pretty average , you'll be surprised when you remove them . With a Sub fitted , I would disconnect the rears all together as they mess up the "sound stage" , and install the splits in the front and feed them from your Amp.

Cheers
speedzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:05   #3 (permalink)
Bettsy

Hey bro. How's it going.

I've have put a set 6.5' Alpine DD linear splits in the doors of my ute you can pick 2 of the original holes and can just drill another two. As for the rear speakers I replaced them with another set of Alpine splits but I built a whole parcile shelf. Not sure about the factory ones, it all depends how far you intend to go.

Do you intend to use the factory head unit or have got something eles in mind?

If you want a look at mine go to the members gallery.

AGRO 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 16:55   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakXR6TUte
...want to put a ten inch sub behind the passenger seat + amp. Wondering if anyone else has done a similar job and if they have any tips about box dimensions and placement etc...
I'd go for amp behind drivers seat, sub box behind passenger seat (dimensions are dependant on sub) should give you more room for the box. Where are they located in the premium system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakXR6Ute
...I have a set of 180 watt pioneer 6 inch splits with tweaters, would they replace the factory speakers i.e. would they fit in the holes or would I have to cut holes...
You could by a piece of 16mm MDF and cut it in the right shape to fit into the 5x7 hole. In the MDF, cut a 6 inch hole for your mid (offset a bit) and mount the tweeter beside the mid (also on the MDF)

Panda
Old 04-12-2005, 20:48   #5 (permalink)
Turbotuff

both rockford fosgate and boston makes 5x7 to replace the factory speakers. i am running the boston 5x7 splits in the front with the tweeter mounted further up the door and rockford 2 way 5x7 in the rear with a 12 inch rockford p2 behind the passenger seat. i found i needed to put the sub behind the passenger seat as i sit with my seat all the way to the back(i dont mean fully sick lying down style)
p.s do you have a new head deck or not?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security