Sweet car audio set up from JB - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2004, 01:20   #1 (permalink)
They call me HoJu.

Sweet car audio set up from JB

Hey all, I just had to post here to tell you all about my buy from JB yesterday.
I had been looking around at a few places for the last couple of days (other JB, 2 Strathfield's, Audiocomm, Car Stereo City, Alberts etc) and wasnt really too impressed for what I could get for what I wanted to spend.
Anyways, after the guy at Strathfield had nothing MP3-wise to offer me as a head unit and a good price on 4"ers, I decided to head over to JB.
Good decision!
Got a JVC (Don't say anything bad about them, its blooody good!) head unit - 4X50W, all standards like bass equalizer, LED backlights, remote etc for $260 (down from $347 to $319, then $299). Its model KD-G405 if anyone is interested.
I also got a set of Kenwood 6'9s. Only 2-way, but Im not looking at getting an amp or sub so it doesnt matter. 200W output, again, all the standard features. More info here: http://www.kenwoodaudio.com/common/p...6959ie&zone=au.
The speakers were meant to be 70% off at Strathfield for $69, but got em for $64 at JB.
Then I needed some 4"ers, and thought kenwoods where the best price. 90W max output, more info here http://www.kenwoodaudio.com/common/p...-1068S&zone=au
Got them for $52.

All up just $376. I am ****ing STOKED! I know its no Alpine set-up, but man, for the price its is sick as.
Getting it proffessionally installed on Monday for $80, which is a sweet deal too.
spurs_fan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2004, 02:00   #2 (permalink)
'90 EA-II Fairmont

Re: Sweet car audio set up from JB

install it all yourself, it's not that hard; and you save yourself $80... (which judging by your other price chopping seems to be something you'd quite happily do )
Rosewood EAII Fairmont 02/90. MPFI 3.9L (formerly CFI), 4spd BTR Auto. Skyline geared 3.45g open center 28 spline 4 pinion differential & axles. 2 1/2" Cat Back Exhaust. King Super Low Springs. Sound: Equalization and amplification by Clarion; Head unit by Sony, Front, Rears and Sub by Pioneer. Planned mods - t5, Extractors, Painting Grey Strips and new front and rear bar.
SileNceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:57   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey all, I just had to post here to tell you all about my buy from JB yesterday.
I had been looking around at a few places for the last couple of days (other JB, 2 Strathfield's, Audiocomm, Car Stereo City, Alberts etc) and wasnt really too impressed for what I could get for what I wanted to spend.
Anyways, after the guy at Strathfield had nothing MP3-wise to offer me as a head unit and a good price on 4"ers, I decided to head over to JB.
Good decision!
Got a JVC (Don't say anything bad about them, its blooody good!) head unit - 4X50W, all standards like bass equalizer, LED backlights, remote etc for $260 (down from $347 to $319, then $299). Its model KD-G405 if anyone is interested.
For that price you could have got a Pioneer DEH-P4650MP.

Quote:
I also got a set of Kenwood 6'9s. Only 2-way, but Im not looking at getting an amp or sub so it doesnt matter. 200W output, again, all the standard features. More info here: http://www.kenwoodaudio.com/common/...-6959ie&zone=au.
Last time i checked speakers had an INPUT power, which with those Kenwoods is <100wrms. Since your not running a sub or amps wouldnt it have been better to get some decent 6x9's to make up for the lack of sub ?

Quote:
The speakers were meant to be 70% off at Strathfield for $69, but got em for $64 at JB.
Incorrect. Strathfield is currently having an "Up to 70% off sale", not a 70% off everything sale, so simple, yet so many people are confused.

Glad you are happy tho.
Sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 21:06   #4 (permalink)
They call me HoJu.

where could i get the pioneer for $260 from? It says RRP $449 on the pioneer website.

I would have gotten better 6'9s, but for the price I couldnt get any better ones.
Pioneer 6'9s peak input power is 200W, rated input power is 50W. It was on the website in my last post.
Akai 3 way 200watts were $39 at strathfield, but were REALLY poor!

The kenwood speakers WERE 70% off, as advertised in the catalog, with the 70% off picture above the picture of the speakers. I know the sale was UPTO 70% off, and the speakers where one of those items 70% off. Just interesting to note that JB was still cheaper.
Old 06-26-2004, 21:16   #5 (permalink)

kenwood 2 way 6x9's would be <$100 at most places. At 70% off they would have to be $213rrp. For that price you can get the top 3way kenwoods (dunno if kenwood has 4way) with some change. Still a good price though.

As for the head unit, JVC is think are the best lower end headunits available. I'm biased having owned three. One low end, one mid range and one top of range. None ever skipped, can with the current one, it run everything from incar dvd player and cd stacker as well has having seperate controlls for sub including sub frequency cutoff.

Good buy
Otsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 21:20   #6 (permalink)
They call me HoJu.

Funny thing is, Im not looking for top of the range.
Im not driving around in a Silvia or anything.
I just want a H-U with MP3 playback, and speakers that wont crackle.
Old 06-26-2004, 21:27   #7 (permalink)
They call me HoJu.

Saw the Pioneer DEH-P4650MP on ebay for $260.
Although shipping is $28.00 for standard, and $40 for 2 day delivery.
Then extra for insurance.
You will end up paying $300 anyway.
I admit it is a much better head unit than the JVC, but theres something about ebay i dont trust.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:02   #8 (permalink)

I too saw that pioneer unit, which was $110 cheaper than autobarn quot and $100 less than straithfeild. Damn good price. As for e-bay buying, if you buy off a power seller like the person selling the pioneer unit, you should have anything to worry about. Even with the extra for insurance its still a great price.

I am going to order mine tomorrow.
madcabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security