Weird - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2005, 17:05   #1 (permalink)

eek Weird

Yesterday i brought a new cd and put it into the premium sound in dash 6 stacker in my BA. Then this weird noise came out. it was a motor spinning with no resistance against it. I thought #$%K. I hit the eject button, but it would not eject. eventually i was able to change to disc no.3. the next disc played ok. i then changed disc again back to disc no.2. It made the spinning motor sound again and then the disc disapeared from the screen. I then thought #$%K #$%K #$%K. Anyway, i then hit the load button again to add a 7th disc and it accepted it and started playing the disc. Where the hell did the other disc i loaded go. What The?!?! I now had seven discs in a six stacker except one has gone walk abouts. I ejected the 7th disc and the hit load again. The original disc popped up on the screen and started playing.

Where did my disc go? The physics of it has got me buggered. I thought it may have got stuck in the loading arm but i put a 7th disc in. it went into the same slot as the other was meant to. is there more slots we don't know about?

It all works now. just curious of how i can fit 7 discs in a 6 stacker
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 00:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Weird

Eject them all. You have probably got 2 CD's in one slot

Panda
Old 06-06-2005, 01:43   #3 (permalink)

No, there is only six in there now. I was able to get access to the sixth disc after i ejected the seventh
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:31   #4 (permalink)

The cd has dropped to the bottom of the mechanism and because the mechanism has detected no cd in the slot it has allowed you to insert another. Usually the mechanism will become jammed when a cd drops and the whole thing won't work. If you want your cd back I suggest you take it to your dealer. Do not attempt to obtain the cd yourself or you may end up with more problems.
johno1au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:17   #5 (permalink)
jacob

johno is rite
xc king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security