What AMP! i know nussing! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2002, 15:15   #1 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

What AMP! i know nussing!

I just bought a JBL sub. it is 12 inches and 225wrms at 4ohmes. i need an amp to run this for now but the amp must be capable of running another sub that is the same as the one mentioned.
I have no idea what kind of amp i need that would be good enough and no idea about the power needed??
can somebody please educate the uneducated on this??
Thanks
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2002, 15:58   #2 (permalink)
daavey

amp

the speakers are 225 w rms so you need and amp that will deliver at least 100 w per channel and no more than 225 or you will blow your speakers.Speakers used to be 8 ohms but they are now 4 so that you can get more grunt into them out of 12 volt amps., make sure your amp is rated for 4 ohm speakers the main thing is to never turn the volume up so that the sound is distorted, thats when damage to both amps and speakers occurs. its called clipping and it causes overloads.
get the proper speaker cable and run a good sized cable to the battery because a 200 w per channel amp sucks a lot of juice. Ask at the audio shop
Old 03-24-2002, 17:49   #3 (permalink)
sickartist

Re: amp

im going to be looking for something similar, if not the same. i have 2x12" jaycar subs, not sure of the specs tho!

are all jaycar 12" subs the same power rating??
Old 03-26-2002, 18:59   #4 (permalink)
ex ea driver

Sub

Have u thought about lookin at Fusion Amps, there stuff is reasionably priced as well as it seems fairly good, its made in New Zealand, so fairly local :s.
here is a site i found good, has prices and they r very competitive, as well as u can order over the net, :D
www.doranproaudio.com.au, and look under fusion, they also stock some other good stuff
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security