Ford Forums banner

What size are EFII front speakers?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DeeMan 
#1 ·
A quick query, as above.

What size are the front EFII speakers (ie, the ones in the door). Looking @ replacing the stock ones in my EFII futura, and possibly the tweeters in the dash as well...

Also, if i were to buy a set of splits, would i have to disassemble the dash to replace the tweeters, or can i just take the covers off, undo the speaker connections, and add the replacements in? And, if so, what kind of mounting pattern do the existing tweeters use?

Thanks!

John.

#2 ·
6" in mine
Gunna try get 6.5" splits in sometime within the next week hopefully.

got no idea how :D

#3 ·
6" is the correct size...as for fitting tweeters in stock location...best of luck finding some the are shallow enough to fit. to get them out you need to pull that panel of the top of the dash there are 2 screws (one at either end) undo them and pull the panel up and towards you. it WILL BE TIGHT!! be carefull not to break clips. hope this helps

#5 ·
Some 6.5" drivers won't fit in the doors, so make sure you check before you buy.
The tweeters are easy to fit in the dash, the panel comes off with 2 screws and all tweeters I've used have fit without any problems.

Don't put 2/3 ways in the doors, use a split system, it will work much better.

Rick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.