Xf Ute Sound system HELP - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2004, 20:59   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Xf Ute Sound system HELP

Heya i just got my dads Xf Ute and wanna get a sound system put in could u guys tell me what works well in a ute and what sized speakers will fit and where any help would be good cheers boys
DaXfUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2004, 21:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xf Ute Sound system HELP

Ive got a pair of VDO splits in my XT with the tweeters mounted in the B panels above the parcel shelf and the 6 " mains mounted in the doors below the window winders. they only just fit in and I had to cut the door trim to get enough clearance to operate the window winders. Its easier in an XF though. Ive got an Alpine amp out of an ED ghia bridged driving them and an Alpine head unit and I'm pretty happy. I'd definately go for a set of splits. Ive got a mate with an XH ute and he has the tweeters in the doors at the front and they sound pretty good too. Best of luck trying to fit a sub in without losing the glovebox or the passenger seat though.
Regards,
Tote
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 21:54   #3 (permalink)

Cheers thanks for ya help

Any other ute owners out there with suggestions

Cheers Tote
Old 06-23-2004, 23:03   #4 (permalink)
Fords biggest Freak

My brother owns an XG ute which is basically the same as an XF. He made his own box up for a Pioneer 10" sub to fit in between the two seats and made custom box's for a set of 6x9's to fit behind the head rest's. Ofcourse this is in a ute with bucket seats. I'm guessing yours would be a bench seat, in which case a sub may be out of the questions.

Also, by placing speakers in custom box's behind the head rest's you won't be able to see much out the back window unless the box's are rather small.
Old 06-23-2004, 23:12   #5 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

has it still got the original stereo or has someone already put an after market in??
Old 07-12-2004, 17:48   #6 (permalink)

its taken awhile but yea i just reading over what u said and yes it has got only the original speakers in there...............................so its gonna cost me alot more to get them put on the door shame about that
Old 07-12-2004, 19:58   #7 (permalink)
Must not void insurance

make a band pass box and put a 12" sub in it, make it to fit in the well beside the fuel tank underneath the panel in the tray
Old 07-13-2004, 08:37   #8 (permalink)
ST170ish

Yup what he^^^^ said, but a 10" is plenty in a ute cab plus a 10" takes a smaller box size.(esp if going Bpass)
Getting a good front end is hard in these utes without cutting metal or going power windows...
It may be your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
ST170ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 22:43   #9 (permalink)

how much will it cost me to get the doors compatible to drop speakers in there will the ppl who install them be able to do them
(eg jb hi fi, Supercheap and so on) ?????????????????
Old 07-14-2004, 23:04   #10 (permalink)
Fords biggest Freak

You will need to make up or get some speaker pods custom made for the doors. However, if you don't have power windows, then the window winder tends to get in the way, so unless you can make some pods that will fit around the winder, you'll need to get power windows.

Cutting away any of the metal in your doors i'm sure is illegal because it is messing with the structure. although it vary's form state to state and you should speak with the law before doing so.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security