160RWKW Aim - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 03:07   #1 (permalink)

160RWKW Aim

Gday fella's im wondering what ya's think would be a start to achieving 160rwkw in my car, apart from the obvious , Stage 5 crow cam, which is 1800-5500 Chiptorque H4 chip, im getting Tri-Y Pacemaker headers, its an EL motor also, would changing the injectors, fuel reg, fuel pump have any advantage , im also thinking of a bigger throttle body, customs cold air setup what else is there?? im getting some $$ from my mates at the commonwealth so yeah $$$ until i hit 160rwkw and thats me happy....
POD in Air Box
Thermo Fans
Pacemaker 4480, Custom Race 3" Exhaust, High Flow Cat
3000 Stall
4.11 LSD
Auto Cooler
To come:
Jays RPD R4 Spec cam 3000-6500
Uni-Chip, Expected 155+ Rwkw
EBFAIRMONT3.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2006, 00:25   #2 (permalink)

Re: 160RWKW Aim

get your head heavily worked and a good cai,

go to this website and talk to these people.

http://www.jimmockmotorsport.com/
Old 02-18-2006, 18:41   #3 (permalink)

For the cost of jim mock's kits you could get a custom turbo setup similar to turbotrana.

If you port the heads, increase compression (if you dont mind using premium fuel), bore cylinders .040" to make it 4.1L, ACL pistons, cam, basic pod filter setup will do. Don't throw money into throttle body especially using the dual runner manifold on the EL. I dont think injectors, fuel reg or pump will do much coz I had a similar setup in an ED and was running way too rich with standard fuel delivery components.

I hope you have a manual coz auto u will need high stall. The things i listed above is basically the EA/VN saloon car racing spec ford motor so if you find someone that races them in your area, get them to put your motor together cost bout half what jimmy is asking.

Good luck
junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:07   #4 (permalink)

hey
the saloon cars are doing 150rwkw min so with a bit better cam you should pull 160/170 fairly easy
skid
your suffering
remember this young grasshopper
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:00   #5 (permalink)

What specs do you have for a stage 5 crow cam, as far as I know all they have is one bigger than the stage 3 off the shelf. A bloke is getting 145rwkw from a stage 2 and crow advertise the stage three as being 10% more powerfull. All I know is my car pulls 92mph @ willowbank with a stage #3 crow cam, which seems to be what people achieve with around 150rwkw with a crappy chip (hp4nsl). I'm sure you would achieve 160rwkw on a dynologic dyno no probs, or with dyno tuning on a dyno dynamics. Capa is releasing programming solutions for the EF soon, there is power in a custom tune. A crow cam with 210deg@0.50" or more would get you there but cost a bit in tuning. Apparenly jim mocks cams dont need a chip or tuning. (I sound like a friggen ad).Your head however would flow more as its EA didn't you say?
They have bigger ports that would suit a cam upgade better.
I read a bloke only gained 11rwkw from a crow stage 3 which wouldn't surprise me as it really isn't that noticable except for the loss of bottom end. There is probably more power hiding in the exhaust and in particular the cat. Even the best 3inch cats only flow around half of a 3inch pipe (500cfm). They restrict power. There is a 4inch cat avail (highest flowing cat around) but that still only flows 75% of a 3inch pipe (720cfm). I have created a cat system that flows 1000cfm. If a cat flows 50% more than the one it is replacing, power increases of 10% are normal. Provided the rest of the exhaust is already upgraded. There is an AU that has run a 14 with the stock cam and there head flows 50hp less than the early heads, and to run that time, would take around 160rwkw. It is achievable so good luck. Manuals also will show higher rwkw, behind the same engine.
Heckaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:04   #6 (permalink)

Salloon car cams are apparently 196deg@0.50" so just about any cam is bigger. Can anyone varify the sallon car specs?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:19   #7 (permalink)

give these guys a call, they do cheap regrinds.

http://www.wadecams.com/
Old 03-11-2006, 06:08   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFAIRMONT3.9
Gday fella's im wondering what ya's think would be a start to achieving 160rwkw in my car, apart from the obvious , Stage 5 crow cam, which is 1800-5500 Chiptorque H4 chip, im getting Tri-Y Pacemaker headers, its an EL motor also, would changing the injectors, fuel reg, fuel pump have any advantage , im also thinking of a bigger throttle body, customs cold air setup what else is there?? im getting some $$ from my mates at the commonwealth so yeah $$$ until i hit 160rwkw and thats me happy....
exhuast/headers , chip and some port work with a little more compression from a head shave , or 6lb boost and not much else with an aftermarket piggy back 'puter
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:39   #9 (permalink)

Your head flows enough stock.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:19   #10 (permalink)

Loving this input keep it coming,
just finished the BBM conversion also... im aware they r not ideal without a chip or el comp , but im gonna be getting a chip so it doesnt matter at the moment, or would the EL computer be a better idea, and buy the smartlock bypass from ford....?
POD in Air Box
Thermo Fans
Pacemaker 4480, Custom Race 3" Exhaust, High Flow Cat
3000 Stall
4.11 LSD
Auto Cooler
To come:
Jays RPD R4 Spec cam 3000-6500
Uni-Chip, Expected 155+ Rwkw
EBFAIRMONT3.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech