1999 Au Xr6 Ute Cutting Out? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2004, 18:03   #1 (permalink)

1999 Au Xr6 Ute Cutting Out?

Hi all,

just joined up and thought I would try and get some answers or help regarding a problem im having with my au xr6 ute.

The problem occuring(every now and then) is im driving along perfectly normal and having no problems with the car until I slow down for awhile, for example:looking for a park at the shopping centre,driving through a main street etc. then with the engine at its lowest rev range 750-1000rpm I go to take off from the lights intersection etc and the mongrel just completely stalls/turns itself off? leaving me in the middle of the road copping abuse from holden drivers(you know how it goes). The funny thing is I wait for a minute and turn the car back on and drive off for a bit as if it never happened, but then it happens again down the road.

Initially thought it was a fuel problem and had the pump and filter replaced.was flowing 7ltrs per minute!Now a much healthier 30 litres or so a minute.the amount of rubbish in the old filter was unbelievable!

anyway after having all that done the other week,driving in confined areas again at low idle and was about to do it again.

Anyone experienced the same problem?where I could go to rectify?etc I need help bigtime.
noelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2004, 19:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1999 Au Xr6 Ute Cutting Out?

i had a similar prolblem but it wasnt fuel related, it was ecu/chip related. once the chip was removed from the ecu it worked quite fine, however i assume you dont have one, so scrab that idea.

however i have also been told the following, the AU S1 had a small wiring problem near the ecu, which may or may not cause the ecu to retrieve faulty signals and in worse cause scenario stall the engine. i didnt bother about doing more research into that area as removing my chip solved my problem.
Old 11-10-2004, 18:29   #3 (permalink)

No chip fitted.but you sound like you could be on the right track.Auto elec hooked the car up and could not find any problems?It might be worthwhile getting him to look at the ecu wiring. thanks for the tip.
Old 11-10-2004, 20:13   #4 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

I would suggest cleaning the ics motor on your throttle body.
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 15:45   #5 (permalink)

Is the car a VCT or the HP???
DVS_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 21:08   #6 (permalink)

Vct Motor.

And Why Clean The Ics Motor?
Old 11-11-2004, 21:36   #7 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

The idle control solenoid is prone to get carbon /gunk buildup inside(not the motor itself)the rubber valve.So if you remove the 2 allen key screws remove it and clean it with throttle body cleaner it sometimes fixes the idle problem.
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 19:35   #8 (permalink)

IAC solenoid would be a good start or map sensor sound like an over fuel at low rev,s checkplugs for carbon deposet
coolcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech