2001 Auiii Xr6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2002, 07:19   #1 (permalink)
chill

2001 Auiii Xr6

I got my xr6 auto in Feb 2002 since then it has been back to the dealer many times with broken window runners, squeeling breaks, noisy diff, gearstick seams hard to shift sometimes . But my biggest problem is fuel i am getting about 270 - 300kms out of at tank of petrol. My dealer has fixed the windows but cant seem to find any problems with the rest. has anybody found these same problems or any others i should know about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2002, 10:07   #2 (permalink)

what sort

VCT or HP
Chrispy
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 17:29   #3 (permalink)

My VCT XR6 ute Nov 2001 build returned better fuel economy as I racked up more km's so I assume the engine was tight and would perform better when all the moving parts were bedded in, so far so good, cheers, Bill.
Ford jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 19:10   #4 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

my dad has a vct with 50000 on it and he gets around 300-350 k's - he doesn't drive it hard either. hes found it also depends on fuel you use - he tries to use that new BP stuff and if he cant get that optimax
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 21:14   #5 (permalink)
Enjoying the Ride

My AUII is a June 2001. The fuel consumption improved with every 1000 k's on the clock. I now get about 450 - 500 k's a tank in the city. I drove to Melbourne and back last week and got 900 k's out of a tank each way!

Mine went back for a noisy diff and I was told that the fluid was down and it was replaced with a different fluid.

My car was also stalling and running rough. After several resets of engine codes - they put in a new computer last week. The thing runs like a dream now.
I find it hard to put the car in 1st or reverse. Ford looked at this and said it was normal.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:17   #6 (permalink)
3FB Food Press

I'm surprised with your fuel economy chill. I have a series 111 VCT and get 380 to 450 around local area and with a bit of freeway driving. I use premium unleaded, usually BP or Caltex. Have 10000 on clock and has so far been fine.
Vinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 17:53   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

chill,

Yes the XR6's economy and all AU 6's for that matter seem to improve as the km's sets in. Mines a manual hp and i can get 600 or so km's. I think it's fair to say that the auto's do take more fuel than manuals.

When you mean you have a noisy diff, what does it sound like and when does the noise appear ie waht speed and rpm.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 00:45   #8 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

i get around 300 out of my au2 s-pack on gas, not to sure on petrol, havent had it for long. My mum can get around 600 out of the tank though, just different driving styles! lol
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 06:12   #9 (permalink)
Brentus

AU2 XR6 VCT

Ive got an XR6 VCT ute, November 2001 and i get about 550 kms around town out of it, and about 900 on the open road. Its done about 8000 kms and i havent had any other problems with it. Also another question what do you have your adaptshift set to. Have you tried it in Adapshift, where it selects the economy itself or in Economy mode. Read your owners manual. This may make a difference if the car is in Performance mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech