Ford Forums banner

200rwhp?

9K views 81 replies 27 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if you guys think 200rwhp(150rwkw), is posible without a cam?

#4 ·
TIKFD6 said:
Smart ass you know what i mean.

Ok i mean an upgraded cam.
LMAO

Seriously though i suppose you could with the right induction and exhaust but you would still need to work the head a bit and perhaps higher compression. i was looking in the ACL pistons and rings book today and came across the different cc chambers sizes for the pistons for the EA-EF motors. the EA had 15 cc the EB 13 cc and the EF was like 8 cc but i cant 100% remember will look again tomorrow for excact figures. i am assuming you are talking about these style of motors yeah?

#5 ·
naturally aspirated I presume??

I think so... but it would be really hard, and you wont get the full use of the power that you would by spending those few hundred dollars...

This is something I came up with quickly starting at 100 RWKW (fairly modest I think):

exhaust including high flow cat, and extractors 15 kw
air intake, and air filter 5 kw
Heads Polished and Ported 20kw (ala jim mock etc..)
Plugs leads etc.. all in top noch 2-3 kw
top quality oil etc.. 2-3 kw
Maybe throttle bodies or something for the last few?? but you would be starting to push for ideas...
Another easier way of course is using a manual gear box will give you an extra 10ish...

these are all really rough figures, I havent really thought it through, i personally think it would be an utter waste of money to attempt 150 with out a cam...

any better ideas (there is probably a heap, its been a long day and im not thinking straight!)

#7 · (Edited)
(assuming you are talking about you car and not a stock falc) if you get intake and exhaust length tuning perfect, and the computer is set up perfectly too, then MAYBE. assuming your bottom end is spot on, and you have a manual gearbox, and maybe ifyou put on a BBM then that would help too, but i think its a pipe dream :p

my car has JMM extractors and 2.5" exhaust, with harder valvesprings, more timing, it only runs BP ultimate, pod filter and CAI, surecam, stock EB fuel pressure reg (was running a little rich with XR fuel pressure reg) and it only made about 180hp at the wheels, albiet in the middle of a stinking hot day in full sun.

i dont think it would pick up 20hp if the weather was perfect, but it might pick up a couple if the cam and spark timing was tuned on a dyno - atm they are set to "about there" on the digital dynomometer (ie i set it by hand in the garage) it has about 400hp in the wet though hehe its all over the shop in first and second, no matter what speed i open the taps fully hehe - even spins a little into 3rd on a hard upshift, on 235s with a LSD :s6:

fitting a cam to get power is the logical way to go.

#8 ·
i think it would be pretty hard and expensive.

Get adjustable gear for current cam, good intake, programmable computer, tuned exhaust.. and i think u will still be way off.

let us know if u get there but :)

#12 ·
I agree with Shane, perhaps a mild cam might bring you close to that figure but speaking from experience, do not believe what manufacturers claim about performance increments with their parts. As younggun stated, each of the performacne enhancement bits come with a roughly estimated kw increment. I once believed strongly in that only to realise after spending close to $5000 that it's all B.S. Everything, when fitted, needs to be dynoed and believe me, sometimes it's more of a psychological effect that when you have a pod air filter fitted and it's making that "sucking" noise, you're getting more power. But in reality, you are not. I've done all the mods (except keeping a stock block with a mild cam), 3" exhaust, hm headers, cold air intake, bmc carbon dynamic airbox, and the lot but ended up with only 117rwkw. Yes, it sucked big time, knowing that with the same amount of money I could have gotten myself a decent stage 1 (non-intercooled) turbo setup (which btw consists of the 2.5" exhaust system, cold air intake and etc.). Kicked myself in the balls for months before I worked out the finances for a stage 2 turbo kit...I have been a happy boy since then.

#13 ·
Even if you get a XR motor, it still has a different to a cam standard.
No I don’t believe it's possible without forced induction. Your cam sets the duration of air and fuel mixture in the cylinder, big cam big power. Taken from experience.

WayneB

#14 ·
I believe the reason he is asking is the fact that he has already done it.

And I also witnessed it.

#19 ·
Sorry guys the cats now back in the cage although i think its too late. :neverlear

#20 · (Edited)
...now me interested!

Let the cat out or ill send my dog in!

...nah, just let us know how you go :)

#21 ·
Depends on how OPTIMISTIC (tm) the Dyno is...........

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.