250 2v (suggestions) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2006, 16:32   #1 (permalink)
BOSman

250 2v (suggestions)

Need advise on 250 2v im thinking about modifying for my 67xr build up. (to be different) Want plenty of poke but not interested in screamin its guts out. Head mods? and what sort of bottom end mods. They sound awsome for a six, just want some poke as well. oh yeah its a c4 auto. Would appreciate any experienced advise. ta:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2006, 17:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: 250 2v (suggestions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosman
Need advise on 250 2v im thinking about modifying for my 67xr build up. (to be different) Want plenty of poke but not interested in screamin its guts out. Head mods? and what sort of bottom end mods. They sound awsome for a six, just want some poke as well. oh yeah its a c4 auto. Would appreciate any experienced advise. ta:
Well you have two options (3 really) use a windsor , add a later model ohc 6 on carb or gas and add a cam headword headers ?zorst and those motors were never a great rever.. I have an xflow in my van ( for sale) and I dobt its ever seen 5500rpm :) the older 6 is great to own but its not going to break your neck... unless oyu get very extreme I cant see the bottom end needing much if any work apart from a balance , years ago in an xa coupe we ran a 6 with triple su carbs headers etc and lots of compression , was lots of fun and drank a lot .. good luck //
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech