250 x-flow in a commodore vk - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2004, 22:41   #1 (permalink)
Bertt

250 x-flow in a commodore vk

Hi guys i hope some one can help.

im thinking of puting a 250 x-flow (around a 1985 - 1987 model) in a VK commodore, has any one done or seen this that can help me out?

ill give more info about this if i get a reply. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 22:51   #2 (permalink)
heard it before!

Re: 250 x-flow in a commodore vk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert

im thinking of puting a 250 x-flow (around a 1985 - 1987 model) in a VK commodore, has any one done or seen this that can help me out?

my mate wanted to go the other way years ago, when the 253 commode cot a canary and his XD motor blew up.
the things needed would be similar(i've seen a 351 clevo in a HQ)
the sump bowl on falcons is at the front, cortina sump is further back and may fit you will need custom tailshaft, exhaust,radiator?,gearbox and engine mounts gear shift, speedo cable to name a few

IMO i woulsd either fit 253,308 or if you want a different conversion CRS www.rodshop.com.au has put a LEXUS quad cam alloy V8 into commodes(i considered this) also you can fit the twin turbo 1JZ-GTE 2.5l 6cly lexus soarer motor into commodes(ZOOM mag did it to a WALKY about a year ago)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 18:13   #3 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Absolute sacriledge.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 03:55   #4 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Quote:

Ok, first things first, welcome to the forum.

Second, although I don't doubt that this is possible, given that this site has a lot of people on it that would never even consider putting a Ford Engine into a Holden, or a Holden engine into a Ford for that matter, you might find that most people here are against the idea of putting a 250 x-flow into any commodore.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 04:17   #5 (permalink)
heard it before!

you might find that most people here are against the idea of putting a 250 x-flow into any commodore.[/QUOTE]

maybe he wants a reliable six cyl car that can do a u turn in a tight street but i would think he would need falcon brakes cos commo ones are crap
or maybe he wants to race XFs and win(lighter car!!)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 02:23   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

Throw the commodore away go to your local auctions and pick up an Xe-xf for $50-100 with rego and drive the whole package.
Your going to alot of trouble for nothing
Old 10-25-2004, 03:55   #7 (permalink)
Bertt

ok first of all, what about the 9" ford diff, how do i go about getting that installed? it wont fit straight in will it?

and second i wont throw the commodore away, whats the fun in that, i go and buy a xf with rego and.. then what i drive around whats the fun in that, i want the commodore look and the ford power this is y im going with the 250 x-flow, ill have a lot of ****ing around to do but hey ill have the time and good mates to help me alond the way
Old 10-26-2004, 05:23   #8 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Give the man a break peoples!

First of all I'd compare engine dimensions between the 250 & 202. I think Holden & Ford had a similar 5 speed unit in the 80s, so maybe an adaptor can be used to couple the trans to the motor? As for the 9" diff, u might not have to go that far because I've heard that the std Commodore diffs can take quite a bit of punishment (but yes, we all know that the Ford 9" is supreme ruler! )

Sounds like an interesting, albient unconventional project! Best of luck with it mate.

I have a friend who races a Cortina with a mid-mounted (+ worked) 202, so if he'll put a Holden six in his Ford, I don't see why you can't put a Ford six in your Holden

-Dave-
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 00:28   #9 (permalink)

If you put in a 9" in you will need the trans tunnel modified to take a single piece tailshaft. You normally turf the 2 piece tailshaft when you are going big power and also the 6cyl CV bearing is very weak.

You would probably find the Falcon sump to be a better fit. There is no way a rear sump would work.

Also electric fans would be highly recomended. The Ford 6 is a little on the long side for the commodore engine bay.

I did a hemi 6 into VH wagon with a mate, similar size to the ford. Unless you do all the fabrication yourself you would be dollars ahead spent putting in an RB20/25DET conversion which requires almost no fabrication and would be ten times faster not to mention ligther.
not ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech