Ford Forums banner

3.2 Rods in a 3.9

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  FPVWEPN 
#1 ·
Just wondering whether anyone has done a similar mod to this, it is supposed to improve "revability". My question is how much for the pistons as they have to have a shorter height to prevent the piston crown going through the cylinder head.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

#2 ·
acl make a kit for the old 250 i am using this kit, they use 200 3.3 rods in the 250...

u could buy this kit in just 0.010 oversize, and bore the 3.9.... i think its nearly 80 over to fit the 25 pistions then u would need to get em fly cut...

au rods and pistions are a smarter idea .. actually au motor is the go it all ready has the long rods in it with the light weight pistions

#3 ·
Thanks for that, forgot about the AU pistons and rods. Not intending to really rev the engine the slightly shorter rod may be just the ticket. Fitting the whole AU into an EA may be a problem since I bleieve they removed the distributor whole in the block.

P.S. IF ANYONE works out a way to install a BA into and AU, that would be the mod. Had an BA XT on loan whilst they repaired my AU wagon. Man that engine had some grunt, heaps more than the missus car or my EA II with JMM extractors.

#4 ·
well youd hope the ba had more grunt it does have a 182kw motor compared to 140something the ea. there still good motors however u just gotta know what to do to em

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.