4.0litre rebuild - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2003, 21:18   #1 (permalink)

4.0litre rebuild

can anyone recomend a good engine reco plce in auckland nz? or better yet can I buy a rebuilt engine and bolt it straight? The mpi 3.9 im currently running is totally shagged, burns about a litre of oil a month, have tried every stop smoke treatment product on the market. recent comp. test showed no. 4 to be 100pound dry, 150pound wet. all others fine but well worn.
Im looking at spending about 3 grand, what could I get for that?
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2003, 03:54   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: 4.0litre rebuild

Use ACL race kit they are around $650.00 here on Oz pistons, rings, bearings,oil pump and full set of gasgets..Check out yellow pages and then talk to youre local automtive for machining, assembly etc...Check yellow pages again for rebuilt engines.. Repco... Maybe??? Considered a second hand latter model with your manifold ???? etc....
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 19:32   #3 (permalink)

check out affordable ford parts rosebank rd auckland they gave me a good deal on ef xr6 motor not long ago.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:48   #4 (permalink)
no tire smoke no fun!

for 3k you can build a kickass I6, get the ACL kit, take the engine out yourself it's not to hard, take head off and send it away for a freshening up, send the block away too and let them know you are putting the ACL kit in it (send what you need with it) and make sure you balance the crank. You should have spare cash to get a EF/EL cam gear too

There is a war inside my head, if I take a day off I'll die!

This cat, is cat, a cat, good cat, way cat, to cat, keep cat, a cat, idiot cat, busy cat, for cat, 20 cat, seconds cat! Now read it all without the word cat!
zbenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech