Ford Forums banner

93 EBII GLi Falcon Wont Start! :(

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  samsonEB 
#1 ·
Hi.. been reading your forums for quite awhile now, picked up some good tips off you fellas, cheers for that. good to see ford owners looking after eachother..

Heres my problem.. my 93 EBII engine cranks, but there is no spark, and no power running to the fuel pump, when i originally got the car the smartlock module was screwed, had tap it the under the dash whilst starting. After 6months of tapping it finally gave in, and stopped all together.. an auto electrician told me plenty of smartlocks are failing, and told me how to bypass it, via 2 wires. i did that and the car started no problem..

Any help or suggestions would be great dudes.

Cheers

Brett

1993 EBII GLi Falcon
Duel Fuel

#3 ·
Does sound like another Smartlock issue from what you say. Try sticking an EA computer in it (no Smartlock).
Failing that it could be the TFI, computer relay, fuses...the list goes on :/

If it is Smartlock agani there must be a problem somewhere as it shouldn't be chewing through modules like that!
Alex

#4 ·
Cheers mate, a friend just around the corner reakons hes got a ea ecu for me to try, gunna head over there soon. I'll let ya know what happens, already had a couple of friends go over alot of the wiring, fuses/relays.

Thanks again,

Brett

93 EBII GLi Falcon
4.0 MPFI, 4-spd auto, Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, XH Snorkel
Duel Fuel, King Sports 'Lows', Monroe GT shocks, clear front indicator mod

#5 ·
Tried a couple of different ecu's today, one was EA and the other EB i think.. no luck with either of them.
heres some of the model no. and info written on the side of the ecu's (just incase i used the wrong one)

87DA-12A650-DD CFI-SD153
84DA-12A650-AA EEC-IV EFI-VM-105 AUTO JA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.