air fuel ratios??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2004, 01:40   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

air fuel ratios???

Hi just installeed a fuel air meter today and found that my car runs lean to stoic at light throttle and part throttle....At full throttle it reads full on stoic and does not ever hit the rich sector at all .It does not run rich....are these the ideal readings?
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2004, 01:52   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: air fuel ratios???

neither lean nor rich is ideal. Difference is that rich loses you power, lean loses you an engine! Too lean is bad.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:53   #3 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

lean to stoiic at idle and perfect at wot...my plugs look white
Old 09-10-2004, 01:55   #4 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
lean to stoiic at idle and perfect at wot...my plugs look white
then thats ok. mine is a little lean at idle now too, nothing to worry about. Its when it leans out at higher revs that problems can occur.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:44   #5 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Ta mate ..then all thats left is diff ..transmission and ignition..Air fuel mixtures are fine..
Old 09-10-2004, 22:58   #6 (permalink)

You know what'll fix that.....................chip
am_bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 23:13   #7 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

(starsky voice) Do it, Do it, Do it
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 00:25   #8 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

not yet...I am skeptical at how much a chip really does...If a chip simply modifies air fuel ratio at low to moderate throttle..then i think i can do it..If a chip can advance the timing..again I think that I can do it..The only thing I am not certain of modifying yet is wot air fuel mixtures..The car is said to go into closed loop mode and reads of the programmed ford maps..These maps are always running a rich mixture on all cars..the ego sensor is then ignored .....if I think I am close to doing it myself .the difference if I pull it off is say around 40 dollars useless kit as opposed to 1300 dollars odd for a unichip...people like you and me made unichip..not god..and while it is great I like to push my mind to the limit and further my limits ..so once again id like to try...I will ..if I cant ..i will probably call spiro..
Old 09-11-2004, 00:42   #9 (permalink)

useless your not still trying to crack the eec-V ?

Its been around a while and I don't think anyone has been able to do it!

You can bypass it thorough the OBD port and use interceptors but reflash it with your own custom program sounds like too much work. If you do it you would be crazy to then give it away in kit form for a few $

Wait for the chip challenge stuff from Casper if he ever gets it finished and see what the chiptorque and unichip did in a fairly well controlled back to back test.

The results whatever they are will be hard to ignore.

By the way I am amazed yours runs so lean even with the DEV4 as mine is so rich its not funny. I checked my plugs again today Autolite 985 (Dev spark plugs) and they are black and sooty!!! SO is the tailpipe, tailgate, garage door where I park etc.

I got to get this Unichip soon!
Old 09-11-2004, 00:52   #10 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
useless your not still trying to crack the eec-V ?

Its been around a while and I don't think anyone has been able to do it!

You can bypass it thorough the OBD port and use interceptors but reflash it with your own custom program sounds like too much work. If you do it you would be crazy to then give it away in kit form for a few $

Wait for the chip challenge stuff from Casper if he ever gets it finished and see what the chiptorque and unichip did in a fairly well controlled back to back test.

The results whatever they are will be hard to ignore.

By the way I am amazed yours runs so lean even with the DEV4 as mine is so rich its not funny. I checked my plugs again today Autolite 985 (Dev spark plugs) and they are black and sooty!!! SO is the tailpipe, tailgate, garage door where I park etc.

I got to get this Unichip soon!
Mate no one..not even unichip have cracked the eecv.It is merely a matter of locating the electronic inputs to the vehicle which tell the computer how to behave.And beleive me that I have run it in my mind a million times.As you know car electronics is my life.And I have installed laptop computers in cars rf leakage detectors and items which people did not know existed...If you can alter the input signals to suit yourself then you will be essentially altering the parameters of your vehicles responses in its pcm computer.I find it fairly simplistic in theory..And I am so confident that I will be able to tailor my car in the near future with a turn of a dashmount dial or 2..OR..even via the power button place in our centre consoles...Lokk at the shift kit for example...we can already flick a switch and the gears go well.Why not air fuel mixture?Why not timing?I beleive I am really close Jon but as you know it may well be a flop..But im a cluey guy at this sort of thing and while I have the utmost respect for unichip and the likes it does not hurt in trying...

ps do you remember when we were asked at autotech day why putting on an exhaust creates a richer fuel mixture??Well I somehow knew the answer...and answered it correctly..its just the way my mind works...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech