AIT turbo kit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2003, 05:12   #1 (permalink)
hacksaw bandit

AIT turbo kit

i just picked up a ait turbo kit from an ea and am wanting to fit it to my ea.. the kit came with the original ait turbo in good condition the intercooler the cast aliminium pipes that run under the radiator support and the decomp plate. the question is woud anyone have some picks of a ea with one of the old ait kits fitted as i would like to get an idea of where the turbo sits and the orientation of pipework etc.. and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.. any info would be greatly appreciated...

cheers,
Sam
getting there is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2003, 12:21   #2 (permalink)
EB Series 2 XR6

Re: AIT turbo kit

Not Ait, but rather TSA, might have some handy hints for you (doesn't include intercooler install though)
http://www.gasresearchpc.com.au/html/installation.html

Cheers
Nath
Bladez_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 15:31   #3 (permalink)
hacksaw bandit

thanks for that but i was hopeing to see a pic of one of the originals as the ait turbo has a huge wastegate actuator on it and i wanted to see which way it pointed.. also the front housing was un bolted from the turbo when i got it and i wanted to see what the orentation of the outlet was ment to be

Cheers,
Sam
getting there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 21:53   #4 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

I have an AIT Turbo Falcon, Bolt the exhaust manifold on , the actuator faces down toward the engine mount and it is very hard to get the turbo on an off, its to a point when you will think that it wont fit but it does, the compressor cover out let faces down as well and the intercooler pipe goes in behind the alternator. It is very easy just bolt on the exhaust manifold put your compressor cover back on and sit the turbo in there to get and idea how it will look. I have a stage 3 AIT kit for sale if you know anyone who wants one made 250rwkw

EB GT Black Manual with Sunroof Build Number 98

BA Fairmont Ice Mint Silver

Last edited by EATURBO; 11-25-2003 at 21:57.
EATURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 04:31   #5 (permalink)

That AIT Turbo kit, how much you after? and would it bolt up to a stock EL Falcon? Would the T-5 last with that much grunt?

any ideas?
peter_vod69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 04:44   #6 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

Mate i had it on a stock EA just decompressed it and put a good clutch in it and it has had no problems with the car. If you send me your email address i can send you some more info and pictures

EB GT Black Manual with Sunroof Build Number 98

BA Fairmont Ice Mint Silver
EATURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:38   #7 (permalink)

as you are in mebourne give Mick Webb a call, he used to make/sell the SVO Turbo EA back when they where new... (just reading an article form 89' where they did 14.13 quater with the kit impresive for 89' and did beat the phase III )

Ph: (03) 9876 8586
ir33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech