Alternator for EB II Fairmont - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2005, 20:25   #1 (permalink)

Alternator for EB II Fairmont

Ok Turns out i have a mistubishi 65amp alternator in the car. needed a new one went an picked one up that was supposed to be for an I6 EB, its a bosch 85amp alt. Didn't think to much of it till i tired to install it. it dosen't fit whats the go??? i now know that u have different brackets for each one, but confuses me is that being a fairmont ghia why only a 65amp alternator??? and is there a way to get a bosch alternator on???

Evan
Lion Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2005, 19:08   #2 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Re: Alternator for EB II Fairmont

I replaced the Mitsubishi Alternator in my ED I6 (same as EBII ?) with a Bosch Alternator with no worries - I'm not quite sure about the bracket - from memory it all bolted straight up (perhaps the bolt comes in from the opposite direction on the main bracket - hard to remember).

As far as wiring goes - there is an off the shelf "Mitsubishi/Bosch Adapter Harness" - it's a short section of wiring with the plugs to enable you to connect your car's Mitsubishi connector to one end and the other will be the Bosch plug to go onto the Alternator. Go to autoelectrician to buy one of these harnesses - they are definitely an "off the shelf" item (I've seen one - in it's packet) so if the autoelectrician says no then tell him he's a CLOWN and try another place.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech