Ford Forums banner

another CAI question! Best setup for EF Fairmont?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  blueoval 
#1 ·
Sorry to bring this subject up again fellas, but my bro-in-law has an 6cyl EF Fairmont and he wants to install a cold air intake.

What I would like to know is, what is the best setup and value for this car?

Ive heard of ppl installing EF XR6 snorkels, AU T-series snorkels and SS induction systems. But which will be better? I think we are gonna rule out the SS system for cost reasons mainly.

Airflow vs cost comparisons would be greatly appreciated.

Any help on the subject would be appreciated.:hy:

#2 ·
AU T-series snorkel with EF airbox lid (which you should already have, being an EF). Cost around $30 - add a K&N filter (at around $150), and you will have a cheap but free-er flowing intake.

#3 ·
The AU T-series snorkel, is that price new or from a wrecker?

What are the main differences with the AU snorkel as opposed to the stock EF snorkel?

I remember paying about $120 for my panelfilter for my EB XR8, have the prices gone up?

#4 ·
The AU T-series snorkel is about twice the width and height of a stock EF/AU snorkel. Panel filters have gone up - I could have put $120, but if you couldn't find one for that price, you would be disappointed, so under $150 is the target.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.