another problem, docile to 3500rpm - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 01:14   #1 (permalink)

another problem, docile to 3500rpm

hey everyone, i got another problem with the eb series 2 fairmont i have (4 litre). I got the timing spot on, new plugs, leads, air cleaner, and its still so docile till it hits 3500rpm then you feel it push you back a little and goes the way it should. Now i mean reallyyyyyyy docile from idle to 3500rpm, as in the wet today, from a standing start going around a 90 degree corner, i just floored it straight away and it never even did anything, it felt the same as using about an 8th throttle Anyone got any ideas at all please? i love my fairmont but this is rediculous, i mean it takes a fair while to just get to 3500rpm!
maddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2005, 22:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: another problem, docile to 3500rpm

Check your timing again, this time put a few extra marks on the pulley, one at 4 deg advanced, one at 10 deg advanced and one at 14 deg advanced. Put it into test mode and set the base timing, pull the shorting lead and see if the timing advances to 10 deg, if not set it in normal mode to 14 deg advanced. See if that works.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:31   #3 (permalink)

Re: another problem, docile to 3500rpm

thanks for that edv8wagon, i ripped the throttlebody off and took it to pieces, cleaned it all up, isc was full of black crap so i cleaned it all out with carby cleaner, put it all back together and its running great now only problem is my auto has started to change a bit rough from first to second, i think i need a service done on it and see if that fixes it up. But apart from that the motor itself is going great now
maddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech