Ford Forums banner

Anyone for a twin turbo 250 xflow!!!

10K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
Check this link out.

http://forums.fastfours.com.au/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=45447

It is a guy selling a twin turbo manifold to suit a 250 and he says it is an original ford item.
I got him to send me pictures and the intercooler and plenum look exactly the same as an EFI head with the crosshatch pattern on it.
It looks sweet as, but im not really sure about it but it would be a nice thing to have.
Anyone want to give me $1500??

Dan

#5 ·
Could you post the pics on here??

#7 ·
OK, heres an image of the Advanced Induction Technologies turbo -
http://www2.reiwa.com/ford/turbo.JPG

I have never heard of a factory Ford turbo project until the BA. They wouldn''t even go for the DJR developed XE turbo. I suspect the the guy is selling the AIT setup.

Anyone who is on the forum should ask for the Ford parts numbers to confirm if it is a real Ford setup, he should find them stamped/cast on the components.

Another turbo XF was built as a prize, the reb Mobil mobile, it wasn't 4wd like AIT's though.

Whatever, its an absolute bargain for any of you XF owners!!

Kieron

#8 ·
Kieron said:
OK, heres an image of the Advanced Induction Technologies turbo -
http://www2.reiwa.com/ford/turbo.JPG

I have never heard of a factory Ford turbo project until the BA. They wouldn''t even go for the DJR developed XE turbo. I suspect the the guy is selling the AIT setup.

Anyone who is on the forum should ask for the Ford parts numbers to confirm if it is a real Ford setup, he should find them stamped/cast on the components.

Another turbo XF was built as a prize, the reb Mobil mobile, it wasn't 4wd like AIT's though.

Whatever, its an absolute bargain for any of you XF owners!!

Kieron
There will not be any Ford numbers because the project was not sanctioned by Ford, You are quite correct when you say that it looks like the AIT kit because it was them who developed the whole package. I've got the magazine somewhere but it was based on a Fairmont Ghia, ZF 5 speed, Ferguson constant 4 wheel drive (same as the cosworth saphire) massive brakes and back then 17" compomotives. As I say it was not sanctioned by Ford and no Ford badges were on the car.

And the red Mobile XF was a SUPERCHARGED EFI 5 speed S pack built by motor Magazine (I've probably got those magazines around somewhere too)

What they are saying on that "fast fours" forum is crap - the standard EFI computer will not run a single turbo - let alone a twin turbo. Even the supercharged XF needed extra injectors and computers to stop it leaning out.

I knew hanging on to all those magazines would come in handy for something.

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN

#23 ·
I did have the mag &I write up on the awd twin turbo..& yes it did go to England was smashed and came back, was no quicker than the single garret set up! The XE GRAND PRIX built by mike vine in qld there was 30 of these blue monsters sold which had the single garrett TO4 draw through set up, bolt on guards & cloth interior and ran 14s in std condition

#12 ·
EDXR8 said:
There was only one AWD Turbo XF's made, but it was written off.
The all wheel drive twin turbo was rebuilt and my father is further restoring it in his shed right now and it should be finished by january. The car is being modernised with a few goodies.

Also this twin turbo manifold is most likely the set up for the twin t25's.

#14 ·
He bought it a little under two years ago with the intention of driving it around but he is a perfectionist and the 268kw it was making was not enough. It is stripped out to not having one bolt on it and it is being fully resprayed and the engine is being fully worked.

When it is finished I will post many photos but he does have intentions of showing at car shows, it should attract some interest.

#18 ·
Okay. I've got the magazine floating round my room somewhere. I think its a 'Wheels' magazine, and its got the first VL Crappadoor Brock on the cover. I think I know the guy who's selling the manifold too.

He's got this thing for turbo falcons, and the manifold is ridgy-didge. He got it through a "contact" who was working on the project. He is just finishing another twin turbo XF as we speak.

I just bough a complete bolt-on turbo kit for my EA off him 3 weeks ago.

#19 ·
Just quickly...

---I have never heard of a factory Ford turbo project until the BA.---

I mean i know ford has always outsourced for turbo falcon projects - it was possible to get "factory" turbo XE's etc. - it just went straight from ford to the turbo fitout joint.

However one main point that i'd like clarifying, who did the work to the Turbo EA falcons?
There was a turbo EA as a dealer option - and it wasnt sluggish. These things had build numbers and so far i've seen 2 for sale and test-driven one of them.
A car yard in Wangara, WA was selling the one i drove.
I've HEARD that they pull low 13's in 'stock' form.

Did ford outsource the turbo fitout for these beats also?
I'd expect so, but why in that case would they not just be ordinary EA GLi's or even S-packs, fitted with a turbo kit? Why the unique build numbers?

Just wondering.

Ph0.

#20 ·
Ive heard of this twin turbo AWD XF so many times but never seen pics of it...
Anyone got any?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.