AU Breaking traction - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2005, 00:27   #1 (permalink)

AU Breaking traction

Hey guys i'm having trouble with my au breaking traction. When i plant it from a stand still or try get it on the break it won't spin. Even in loose gravel it will spin a little then stop. Down low it lags really bad but once it gets up around 2200-2500 the car goes really well. I have had the gearbox recently serviced. I also have installed a 2.5 inch mandrel system, Pod filter and a stage two crow cam and it still won't light up. I use to have an el and it smoked up without any problems.

Is it possible the car may need the computer reset??
Any had similar probs, or know what can be causing this problem, its not normal i need to be buying more tyres.
Cheers Josh
XECLEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2005, 04:59   #2 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

Re: AU Breaking traction

THe cam prob made it even less likely to fry em as the power is higher now...
Id sudjest a high stall converter or diff gear changes
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:30   #3 (permalink)

it still feels the same as before. and the cams power range is 900-3500 power range as i use the car to tow.There is a noticable power increase with the cam, zorst and filter. but it bogs really bad on take off. Did the fairmonts come with a torque control feature???
Old 02-13-2005, 10:39   #4 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

There's all sorts of talk since the BA falcon edit, that previous model falcons eg EL onwards (maybe even earlier) have torque reduction built into the ecu programming. To what extent who knows.

The EB GLI i had and the ED Fairmont I had both sparked em up easy. If I was just to hit the gas ub standstill and go, they'd just take off , no spin at all.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 16:57   #5 (permalink)

my ef used to take off lights real slow. i would even get beaten by geminis off the lights so i decided to put lower diff ratio and it has woken in up heaps. 4.11's. it has mad a big increase to my take off speed
Old 02-14-2005, 05:17   #6 (permalink)

Mums EL wagon (with v sticky tyres tho...) will almost never let go from a standstill, unless severely uphill or on the paint of an intersection, etc. Also, it gets killed on takeoff by many smaller cars- mates 82ish Mazda 626 manual was actually whooping it untill about 2500 rpm. I've also noticed a definate surge of power at 2500, as have mates. If you look at the torque curve and compare it to EA-ED and all commodores, you see that its a rather peaky engine, with torque being suprisingly low at the bottom and top of the revs. This kind of engine setup would make it very difficult to spin the wheels from a standstill in an auto and mechanically, the AU is very very similar, so theres the problem(s)...
If you want torque curves, show me how to make them appear or pm me. :) Have got for majority of 6 cyl Ford/Holden, some 8 cyl, some mazda and jaguar.
307Nm@3750rpm (Flywheel)
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 23:15   #7 (permalink)
XR82GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
There's all sorts of talk since the BA falcon edit, that previous model falcons eg EL onwards (maybe even earlier) have torque reduction built into the ecu programming. To what extent who knows.
I know on the auto xr8's I'm doing some RnD with Chiptorque at the moment on the torque maps in the EECV. And we found that the ecu's torque control features are taking out between 2 and 19degrees timing out every time I stand on it for a period of about half a second.
We dont know if the I6 is affected in the same way though.
The eecv has about 7 or 8 ways it can manipulate torque, and so far no one has been able to tap into this.

Headsex of the forums is doing RnD for SCT at the moment (makers of the BA edit)
I'm working with Lachlan@chiptorque
Aps is also working on a eecv (au) edit

I have a 200spec windsor with 3.9 diff gears and have the same problem and every other possibility has been ruled out.

The time frame still for the au edit is still a fair way away from any of the companies that are working on it though.

A bigger stall may help your problem. Dominator is the brand to use on the Au's but be carefull as anything over about 2800 will send the trans into limp home mode. Some people have had it do that with lower stalls also.

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 00:21   #8 (permalink)

Thanks heaps for the replies guys keep us posted on the edits for the au.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech