Ford Forums banner

AU Engine into NA

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TUFESP 
#1 ·
Can anyone verify if AU engine will fit into 90 NA Fairlane,same as EA etc?

#2 ·
Haven't we had this just a couple days ago?
Yes it will. You planning to use the EA intake?
You will also have problems with the front of the motor. If your aircon compressor has 6 ribs or more, it'll be fine. Otherwise you might have to buy a 4-rib belt to suit the AU single-belt setup. This will work fine unless you're using a MASSIVE sound system. You will also need to procure the AU alternator and p/s pump in order to use the single-belt setup.

#3 ·
mongrelEB,The reason I ask is I am getting different advice from dif people.I need to hear from someone who has done this mod,not people who think it will work.I spoke to 2 different engine fitters today and one said no probs and the other said that the AU crossmember is to the front more,where the NA/EA will bash on the sump and the front of the timing cover.So you see my dilemar.Dont get me wrong,I am not hanging shit on you as I know you are quite knowlegable where fords are concerned by some of youre last posts.Also can you answer my last queries please.

#4 ·
it will fit me and my cousin are in the process of doing this right now we changed the sump to an el one and chnged the oil pick up to late el and bingo it fits perfectly using the au single belt accesories and belt hes gonna use au computer and coil pack getting some wizz bang ecu dude to do it he charges like 120 buck an hour but hey if it works were laughing if not we'll use an el ilet and cut and match the isc and tps as i've done on my xr6.

P.S. were using an xr6 vct engine and 5sp and 3.7 diff she should fly for an na fairlane.

#5 ·
Oh yeah i forgot to mention while its all in pieces were gonna try and use a ef crossmember to see if we can run the hydraulic engine mounts if it works i'll doit to my xr6.

#7 ·
yeah we used an el sump and it fitted perfectly no probs just the air con pipes are completly diffrent and the powersteering pump is a bit diffrent.
the engine is going into an na fairlane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.