AUII XR6VCT Acceleration Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2002, 22:28   #1 (permalink)
BAII XR6T Driver!

Question AUII XR6VCT Acceleration Problem

Hi all,
I have come across a wired (I think) acceleration problem. However it has only happened to me a few times but its starting to worry me. Anyhow I have only noticed this problem when I am accelerating hard in 1st gear.

What seems to happen is that I get the car off the line as normal then put my foot down and everything happens fine until a certain point, say around 4000rpm? not sure, around there. Then when it hits that point the car slows rapidly just like I totally jumped off the throtle, however my foot is still flat, for about a second or so then the power kicks back in.

The first time I noticed it I thought it might have been due to the LSD as it occured while I was cornering. However the last few times it has happened in a straight line and when there has been plenty of traction.

Anyone got any ideas. As mentioned before it has only happened a few times and certainly doesn't happen happen everytime I accelerate hard in first gear. Its the only issue I have with this car and it doesn't appeared to have suffered (touch wood) with the other LSD, IRS problem mentioned on this board.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2002, 01:10   #2 (permalink)
BSR Field Agent

eek

You have me on that one!! Never experienced the drop off in power except at 5500 rpm when limiter is hit..

Nipper...
Old 01-05-2002, 01:15   #3 (permalink)
goooone

Hard to say off this . Its not a fuel problem like they are dicussing in one of the boards. Could be to do when the VCT activates but I've never heard of a problem with Fords system
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 01:25   #4 (permalink)
BAII XR6T Driver!

Yeah its bloody wired when it happens, you have your foot flat and the car is decelerating!

I just took the XR out then for a drive to see if I could get it to do it however I couldn't dispute plenty of booting off the line. It could be to do with the VCT, eg when it changes cam profile (not sure if thats the right terminology) at around 4000rpm.

I will just keep monitoring it and see how it goes I guess.
Old 01-06-2002, 23:05   #5 (permalink)
longjohn1

hi,
i have the same problem with my auto xr6 vct it happens when flat to the floor and about 110-140 km/h ,3700-4100 rpm it just like some one just picked up 2 tonnes of weight, it does not do it with light thlottle,any help .
:s6:
Old 01-07-2002, 05:22   #6 (permalink)
BAII XR6T Driver!

Quote:
Originally posted by longjohn1
hi,
i have the same problem with my auto xr6 vct it happens when flat to the floor and about 110-140 km/h ,3700-4100 rpm it just like some one just picked up 2 tonnes of weight, it does not do it with light thlottle,any help .
:s6:
Yes that sounds very much like it just in a higher gear. It is only when the pedal is flat and at around the same RPM its like the Accelerater pedal stops responding.

I wonder if its something to do with the VCT? Certainly coincidental. Any Ideas anyone?
Old 01-07-2002, 06:09   #7 (permalink)

When does the 2nd 'tract' of the intake open? Could also be something to do with that?
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 06:25   #8 (permalink)
BAII XR6T Driver!

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
When does the 2nd 'tract' of the intake open? Could also be something to do with that?
Martin I think it is around 4000rpm which is where the problems seem to be happening. Maybe its something to do with Full throtle and changing cam profiles.

However I have never had it occur in any other gear. Certainly not second gear, in which, I quite often take the XR6 from 3000rpm ish to redline :s6:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech