Ba I6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2004, 16:19   #1 (permalink)

Ba I6

Hey guys i drive a standard BA as a company car. firstly i would like to say that yesterday i needed to jump start my 66 falcon so i pulled the battery out of the BA and just looking at the I6 from the BA compared to the XR it is such a pretty engine. I never realised how big the thing is. With this in mind i am dissapointed about my ability to thrash the thing. Not being my car i dont really care to much about looking after her because the company will fix any broken bits. Anyway how do i stop the computer (it must be the computer because the thing should be able to spin the wheels easy) from slowing my take of when i slam the accelerator at the lights. hell i even struggle to get the wheeels spinning in the wet, doesnt take much trying though but my XR goes better off the line. is this because of the traction control thingy. whenever i but my foot straight to the floor its as if you can feel the computer trying to give me a slower start as to not hurt the car. can i do anything to the computer so that when i but my foot down it throws me into my seat.
freshinXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2004, 16:34   #2 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Re: Ba I6

what model BA is it? ( fairmont etc )
If its a brand new car with very little k's on it she probably will have ahard time spinning the wheels until its run in.

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 16:46   #3 (permalink)

I find the same thing in my old mans company car (BA XT wagon e-gas) It won't even chirp a tyre if you plant it taking a right hand corner. With something like 370 odd Nm of torque I thought it would be too easy
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 16:59   #4 (permalink)

its a falcon XT and i have owned it for about a year. a mean the thing has so much power but where does it go when you plant it from a standing start. I think this effects the sports mode as well. whilst i enjoy haveing that extra control over the car i really dont think that it gives it any more balls, i actually think that it takes away from the cars abilities. anyway if anyone can tell me something to do to the computer to get the car to go hard from the line it would be much appreciated.
Old 11-30-2004, 15:52   #5 (permalink)
BA 6

It does sound like something is not right because my ba xt will spin (not that i want to or like that crap). In the wet if i have it in "manual" sports mode and keep it in first and then plant it it will spin the 245/ 45/17 at 50km/h very easy.

Mine is a june 2003 model with 25000km on it. All it has is the "tickford" snorkle. It will get a bigmouth filter soon and then probably a cat back exhaust, but i waiting to see results from the new "bossedit" or whatever they call the new "flasher" program for the ba computers.

Remember they do weigh around the 1700 kg mark but with 380nm of torque it should be better than you describe.
bigbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 19:37   #6 (permalink)
.au member

Has it got traction control or something? On the AU's, the TC is always ON, until you push the button for it - then its turned off.
Old 11-30-2004, 22:06   #7 (permalink)

all i can say is ... fly by wire ...

the throttle is electronically controlled, hence the ecu can take controle if loss of traction is detected ... cant happen with a hardwired throttle :D
Old 12-01-2004, 00:32   #8 (permalink)
BA 6

are you sure about that mine can sit there and spin. Not that i do that sort of thing but it can do it. Waste of tyres in my opinion.
bigbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:10   #9 (permalink)

yeah i can spin the wheels too, thats not the problem. Its the fact that when i plant my foot, the car jumps of the line but then i can feel the ECU start to take control and cut my accel down giving a slower take off than what i can feel the car is capabale of. How can i get around this???
Old 12-01-2004, 02:16   #10 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Im pretty sure its a combination of the ECU and the trick Control Blade IRS. Check ur TC as well, you have to press the button every time you start teh car to turn it off (DOH!).

I find it easier to hang my EA sideways than my mums XR6Turbo.

First thing i do when i get my BA is get rid of that pesky throttle and ECU....

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech