BA I6 Head Problem? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2003, 22:42   #1 (permalink)

BA I6 Head Problem?

A guy at my dads work has just got a new Ba futura wagon, he has had it for a month now and has had to get the head replaced twice and when the second one was on the way out they gave him a new engine, all this in one month! has anybody else had a problem with the head or is this just a issolated problem?
corbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2003, 23:26   #2 (permalink)
"Tickford- Own the road"

id say its a lemon (ie: a poor & bad unit)

Ford are pumping out something like 400 BA's a day of various models, there will always be one or two dudd's per batch.

What do you other guys think?

5.4 litre VCT V8, SSS AUTO, HERRODS EXHAUST, MERCURY SILVER, BLACK LEATHER/INTERIOR, TINTS, SUNROOF, SAT NAV, FORD SCUFF PLATES, GHIA MATS, PREMIUM SOUND, SLIMLINE WEATHER SHIELDS, BONNET PROTECTOR, TOW BAR, BLAH BLAH.......
tickford5400i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 00:05   #3 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

How many k's had the car done? I haven't noticed any hitches (knock on wood) with my I6, but I will take notice. However I am inclined to agree with tickford5400i in that they have produced a fair few of these engines and there hasn't been any news of such an issue (with the gen3 problem i bet newspaper journos and the such would be onto the story like fly on shit).
Old 04-01-2003, 00:30   #4 (permalink)

i dont know the exact km's but its only a month old so low kays. He was very happy with the car untill he had the head replaced twice, third time ford just replaced the engine. He is now afraid it will happen again. its probally a one off, hopefully the new engine fixes its woes.
Old 04-01-2003, 00:37   #5 (permalink)

ohh and by the way the problem was that the head was doing its oil seals. the car lost 3.5 litres of oil in one week through the head seals so it had to replaced.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:07   #6 (permalink)

He has a three year warranty so I wouldn't worry about the engine. Our wagon has just got to 2100 km in 5 weeks (mainly driven by wife locally) and all is great. The engine has justed started to loosen up and I gave it a bit of stick this past Sunday. It's a bloddy good engine, smooth, quick kickdown and the right noise when angry, even for a wagon. I don't miss a V8 as much but it would be nice to HAVE THE OPTION ! Only problem is the dog hair blows forward when you let our long-haired "mans best friend" have some air at 120kph!!
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 01:09   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by corbz
ohh and by the way the problem was that the head was doing its oil seals. the car lost 3.5 litres of oil in one week through the head seals so it had to replaced.
Lucky he bought a Ford because the "other"mob would have said they were "fixing" his driving perceptions only.(ROFL)
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 15:00   #8 (permalink)

A guy on fordxr6turbo forum says he has oil seal problems as well.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/in...=ST&f=3&t=1495

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 22:35   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
A guy on fordxr6turbo forum says he has oil seal problems as well.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/in...=ST&f=3&t=1495
hmm maybe it might be more widespread?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech