BF XR6 Falcon Ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2006, 03:34   #1 (permalink)

Arrow BF XR6 Falcon Ute

Hi,

Got a new BF XR6 Falcon, recently noticed (Since winter) when i start my car up in the mornings or a cold start the car hesitates when driving down the road. When its warm its all good. Has anyone else come across this?

Regards

Matthew
Mattnic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2006, 04:24   #2 (permalink)

Re: BF XR6 Falcon Ute

I would take a guess that its just simply because your engine is cold, i have an EF and it will stutter alittle if i put my foot down when iv just started it up in the morning. I dont think it matters that its a new engine, i assume all engines would missfire if they'r cold enough... the plugs i think would be causing it, until they heat up which doesn take long.
EF_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:42   #3 (permalink)

this is very normal for a car that is cold!!
my car very very and i mean veryt rarley gets it because i always warm it up for about 5 to 10minutes every morning before i leave to go anywhere!
i will be 5 or 10 minutes late for work rather then risk any damage to my engine!
cheers
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:21   #4 (permalink)

Arrow Re: BF XR6 Falcon Ute

Yeah, But my BA never use to do it though. I think today my question has been answered, it all came undone when i was driving to work this mornin and the check engine light came on all the way to work, when i got to work i plugged our scantool into the CPU and there was a fault code, O2 Sensor Slow Response (B1/S1).

Regards

Matthew
Mattnic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 20:15   #5 (permalink)

Cool, glad you found the problem!
EF_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 20:21   #6 (permalink)

i was having a in depth conversation with a mate of mine last night at the pub and he explained to me what would cause this problem from the o2 sensor!!
the o2 sensor on a falcon has 3 wires going into the sensor and one of those wires is actually for a ellement preheat system!!
and it is a common thing to go wrong with them if the heat ellement becomes faulty then the o2 sensor doesnt know what the hell is going on whilst the extractors or headers are still cold!!

so this week i will be going and buying a new o2 sensor and also i am thinking about splicing into the wires and putting a variable resistor inside the car!
i will also get a AFR gauge plug her in and see if i am able to play with the AFR settings by altering the message comming from the o2 sensor to the computer!
has anyone ever tryed this or heard this been done?
cheers guys
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech