Bloody Idle - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 01:44   #1 (permalink)
EF XR6 MANUAL

Bloody Idle

my car is really starting to piss me off. ive got the idle problem where the revs drop down then pick back up. so i put new plugs, leads, tps but that didnt really help. i thought it had fixed it but pulled up to a set of lights and the revs were constantly up down up down. sounded like a piss weak lumpy 5L. i went to disconnect the isc today and nuthing happened. revs didnt move one bit. and i can turn the idle screw all the way out and it wont even stall, just stays at about 800.
ThUg LiFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2005, 02:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bloody Idle

Change the ECU! These have lots of idle control issues when they play up!
oldwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:20   #3 (permalink)

Head Gasket? Check that. Thats wats wrong with mine
EFMENACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 15:27   #4 (permalink)

Not long ago I ran my car out of fuel and I thought my injectors were stuffed so I replaced them, it turned out to be a hose off the MAP sensor, but since the new injectors my car idles like it should.

Ben
Benji2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:02   #5 (permalink)
EF XR6 MANUAL

its going to ford tomorrow to be checked out. they reckon ecu. to fit a non genuine one will set me back 330. but i have a mate who has an ef xr6 ecu lying around somewhere so ill get that off him.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:02   #6 (permalink)
EF XR6 MANUAL

its going to ford tomorrow to be checked out. they reckon ecu. to fit a non genuine one will set me back 330. but i have a mate who has an ef xr6 ecu lying around somewhere so ill get that off him if my ecu is stuffed.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:10   #7 (permalink)

try disconnecting your battery for 12hrs and than get it to reset and relearn alll so you could put the car into diagnostics mode and it will tell you if something is wrong the falcons usaully do that with even the slightest intake manifold leak so put it into diagnostics mode and see if it comes up with any codes!
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 15:40   #8 (permalink)

I have a similar problem, fluctuating idle. However i have not been told its the ECU. The ICS (Idle Control Switch) was the problem diagnosed for me. I haven't replaced it, but apparently if i do it should fix the problem.
La ChroniK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 19:29   #9 (permalink)
EF XR6 MANUAL

well ford put a new power steering switch in as it was stuffed, cleaned throttle body and isc. they said the computer wasnt putting out any errors and to see how the car goes and if its no good they will put a new computer in. got to the first set of lights after picking it up and it did the same thing. im hoping its the computer.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:01   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThUg LiFe
my car is really starting to piss me off. ive got the idle problem where the revs drop down then pick back up. so i put new plugs, leads, tps but that didnt really help. i thought it had fixed it but pulled up to a set of lights and the revs were constantly up down up down. sounded like a piss weak lumpy 5L. i went to disconnect the isc today and nuthing happened. revs didnt move one bit. and i can turn the idle screw all the way out and it wont even stall, just stays at about 800.
block the fuel return line
does it help ?
fuel reg is leaky and you dont get full fuel preasure
at idle pull the ics plug
does it make a decent change ?
if not then the ics is crook
I have used wrecker parts many times to fix these problems and with good success. If the idle is average and you cant hear the Ics working when cold then a used replacement is only $20.00
good luck
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech

Related Reading: Bloody Idle