Blown Head Gasket????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-04, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
frown Blown Head Gasket?????

hey guys,

after a recent accident, involving a front end collision on my car, an EA MPFI, my car hasnt sounded right

a couple of weeks after the accident, i checked my water levels before leaving for work and realised it was low, so in a rush i filled it, and got home at night realising i had forgotten to replace the coolant reservoir cap

just a few days ago i noticed my car is missing, only one cylinder and is at times emitting white smoke from the exhaust

is my head gasket gone? if it is, whats the best way to go about fixing the problem? and the cheapest possible way or fixing it

thanks in advance

cheers, alex
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-04, 03:59 PM
Jim Mock You Rock
Re: Blown Head Gasket?????

Hi! ive replaced about 6 headgaskets over time!!Firstly are you losing alot of water?Pull out your engine the oil cream sludgey thick or has the oil filler cap got a thick cream sludge on it???If so get ready to rip the head off change the gasket.Before you do that though check that you dont have coolant leak from radiator from collision or something like that.Lastly ,hope you dont have a cracked head!!
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts