To build with JMM or not ????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2004, 03:38   #1 (permalink)
FCT Blue eyed bucket (TM)

To build with JMM or not ?????

okay guys and girls,

i'm currently building a new engine for my ed this is what i am doing so far, balanced bottom end 40 thou oversized ACL Race series pistons, decking the block and not changing the rods as the stock units are more than up to the task, now from there up i'm at a loss as to what i should do with the head i will be running a custom inlet manifold with twin throttle bodies, and having a 6,400cc plenum and 666.66cc runners, and i'm unsure as to what head i should run should i go with a jim mock motorsport head or should i get a well know engineering place to just machine the head up with bigger valves, port and polish job and match it to the inlet manifold,

any help on this would be welcomed with open arms, as i'm unsure as to the benifits of the expensive JMM products over the other machine shops with good names.
Cobalt_bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2004, 03:42   #2 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

Re: To build with JMM or not ?????

??? why are u changing the manifold???.... i hacnt had any thing to do with jmm, so im not going to say no... ive never heard any BAD reports from people that have gone jmm. at the end of the day, do you want youre 4.0 head to be the 1st 4.0 head some one ports or have it ported by some one who has done it 1000's of times, . jmm are not the only people who do 4.0 heads , but at least they do them.. if that makes sense. its very easy to port a head and even though it looks good, it may actually perform worse. id rather leave a head stock then have some one use it as a test porting head..
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:49   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

how much are these heads and what has been done to them ?

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:59   #4 (permalink)

i am changing the inlet manifold as i believe there is a bit more power to gain there and it's not really a complex issue, and won't cost much at all if it doesn't work then i still have a stock ED manifold to throw on ( have done heaps of investigating into the inlet manifold and seems to be a positive thing in most eyes)

okay the website says
Vernier adjustable Timing Gear. Head reconditioning, extensive porting and head alterations to race standard, compression increase and Special valve springs.

i haven't contacted jmm for an exact price for just the head and cam yet but was looking at the DEV5a kit head

http://www.jimmockmotorsport.com
Old 09-22-2004, 04:03   #5 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

JimMock rox!!!Their extractors and cams are fabulous!!!Just dont do it yourself...let them do it ..lok what happened to me, i screwed it eheh ps was putting out 150 rwkw with just exhaust and cam
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:13   #6 (permalink)

well alot of it won't be able to be done by them as i'm not sending the car from brisbane to victoria, too expensive.
Old 09-22-2004, 14:07   #7 (permalink)

In brisbane go and see Gilberts on the gold coast to get a decent head job on a ford. You could also see surecam for a cam up there too but I would go the DEv5 cam as its easy to mail order that but get Gilberts to do the head.
Old 09-22-2004, 17:29   #8 (permalink)