Ford Forums banner

Buy Me Please-turbo Laser 4 Sale

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  turbolaser_92 
#1 ·
FOR SALE
1992 KH LASER S HATCHBACK
KF TX3 turbo engine conversion(4,500km since conversion),2 1/4" exhaust cat back,loud BOV, pod filter and cold air intake,boost controller(7-14psi)Reco'd TX3 5sp manual(2,000km since fitted)Exedy h/duty clutch with custom pressure plate,alloys,lowered springs,brand new tyres,alarm with immobiliser,autometer guages(tacho and boost guage),stereo(cd player, splits,amp and 12" sub in box),6 months rego left.RWC

Dynoed at Retallick Motors in Albury just after conversion where it made 104kw @ 5500rpm(11 psi) thats at the front wheels.Eats v8's for breakfast!!
Ran 16.6@91mph at Heathcote for the Forums test day only running 8.5 psi and massive wheelspin,mid to high 14s expected when running 14 psi.

Genuine reason for sale(Loss of drivers license-Too FAST!!)

$$10,500 ono
(02)60598063 or 0408275619

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
16.6 don't eat V8's for brekkie anyway

14.0 does

+ Only milk and Juice come in 2 litres
Ever seen a 5.7 litre orange juice?

#5 ·
Jah_Nix said:
16.6 don't eat V8's for brekkie anyway

14.0 does

+ Only milk and Juice come in 2 litres
Ever seen a 5.7 litre orange juice?
No but i've seen damn cheap wine come in 8 litres... whats your point?

#7 ·
at least cheap wine gets u pissed

point is theres no substitute for cubic inches

Until my fuel card from work comes I'll stick to a worked 4L

I love the bit out of 2Fast2Furious where american muscle goes up against turbo sukked jap craps - Once again - NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES

#8 ·
PS No offence but I bought my girlie a 90 model laser to tickle up

I drove round in one for a while b4 i got my AU and it was good cept the auto box was short one gear for my liking but the got a bit o go for a NA 4 cylinder

#10 ·
16.6 seconds over the quarter is not quick i admit but the terminal speed and the fact that its got almost 6 psi to go is an indication that it should run much faster.There are falcons running very low 15 second quarter mile times @ 90mph, i ran a mid 16@91mph
I'm willing to challenge all you guys with your $50k XR's at Heathcote for the next Forums test day.I may eat my words but i'm expecting much faster times.
I'm just trying to prove that performance can be found in something other than a heavy overpriced and underpowered falcon.Don't be scared we're not racing for sheep stations but i expect some surprised faces next time.

#12 · (Edited)
lol I'd debate the over priced and underpowered calls on Falcons - they are fairly well regarded as being one of the cheaper and more powerful family sedans in the world . . . (altho a little tubby in BA form)

Sounds like a quick little car, good luck with the sale (and bad luck with the licence).

Out of curiosity, was the wheelspin prob just a lack of practice, tyres, or something else ?

(oh, and have you posted on fordlaser.com and similar boards ?)

#13 ·
turbolaser_92 said:
I'm willing to challenge all you guys with your $50k XR's at Heathcote for the next Forums test day.I may eat my words but i'm expecting much faster times.
Hmmm....I thought you have lost your license? Or on your way?

I've seen your car, it's alright...but your comment about eating V8s for brekkie must have stirred the pot. Good luck to you now... :sperm:

#14 ·
turbolaser_92 said:
I'm just trying to prove that performance can be found in something other than a heavy overpriced and underpowered falcon.Don't be scared we're not racing for sheep stations but i expect some surprised faces next time.
Another thing, you don't have to prove that performance can be found in cars other than the big capacity Falcons. We've got the Skylines, Rexes, RX7s, Supras, EVOs, and etc. around that have been doing that for donkey years. It's comments like those you made that'll cop shite from the rest of the gang here on FF.COM.

#16 ·
The lack of traction was caused by too much power to the front wheels,the tyres are only 195/60R14 so only little rubber but when you go for more traction you run the risk of damaging something(wheelspin being easier on gearbox components),and i get my license back on the 18th of may(counting the days!!).I have illegally(sorry guys) dragged many a v8 be it crappadore or a falcon,the look on peoples faces is priceless. The quarter mile times don't show it but as u know HOTDBZ turbo's can be a hand full and just because the 1/4 mile time is slower doesn't mean its slow on the street.
The car was never meant to be pretty,the idea was to have a sleeper and it is one.

#17 ·
can i ask y u went 2 the strip with 195's

i think in a while when xr6t's are cheap enough for me and u to buy em' that we'll see a lot of that jap crap, put back in its place, considering the power potential -11.02 so far i think, with traction problems -thats up there with 98% of the faster gts-t skylines...

#18 ·
turbolaser_92 said:
16.6 seconds over the quarter is not quick i admit but the terminal speed and the fact that its got almost 6 psi to go is an indication that it should run much faster.There are falcons running very low 15 second quarter mile times @ 90mph, i ran a mid 16@91mph
i have a heavy XR8 UTE with a heavy driver, but i dont mind we can have a run together, we can race for a can of pepsi max.....

#19 ·
turbolaser_92 said:
The lack of traction was caused by too much power to the front wheels,the tyres are only 195/60R14 so only little rubber but when you go for more traction you run the risk of damaging something(wheelspin being easier on gearbox components),and i get my license back on the 18th of may(counting the days!!).I have illegally(sorry guys) dragged many a v8 be it crappadore or a falcon,the look on peoples faces is priceless. The quarter mile times don't show it but as u know HOTDBZ turbo's can be a hand full and just because the 1/4 mile time is slower doesn't mean its slow on the street.
The car was never meant to be pretty,the idea was to have a sleeper and it is one.
Sorry but the quarter mile times DO show it. It's a sleeper alrite. 16.6 is enough to put anyone to sleep :p

#21 ·
PigDog said:
Sorry but the quarter mile times DO show it. It's a sleeper alrite. 16.6 is enough to put anyone to sleep :p
/\/\LMAO at what he said/\/\

#22 ·
Hey PIGDOG be sure to bring some tissues to Heathcote cause you may need them when i woop your ass on the strip.LOL LOL
The reason i ran 195's is that is how it is driven on the street, i don't want to change any of its everyday components,it was driven there the way it was on the track and was driven home the same way.
C'mon guys tell your mates whatever but i want to sell it soon.

#26 ·
Nah she ran a 17.5 or something close to that.It doesn't worry me,it was a stinking hot day and the car could only take 8.5 psi.Hangin for cold weather.And fuel regulator and switchable boost controller for better take offs at low boost and then switching over to high when in 3rd gear traction is an issue at Heathcote its a slippery surface for all cars fwd and rwd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.