cam and cam gear are in - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2004, 05:56   #1 (permalink)

cam and cam gear are in

installed cam and adjustable cam gear today, it would have taken about 2 hours but one of the seals for the lifters was gone, so I had to wait a couple hours for someone with a car to drive me to ford. They sold only the whole lifter and that was $46 so I went to Bursons and got the whole thing for $18.50.

My car now drives fine but stopping is a problem as it stalls when I stop in drive, however neutral is ok, I am getting it dyno'd tomorrow, will the tune fix this.

IT FEELS GREAT TO DO SOMETHING ON MY CAR AND NOT HAVE ANY BOLTS LEFT OVER!!!
xfspacsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 06:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: cam and cam gear are in

out of curiosity, what cam did you put in?
71ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:09   #3 (permalink)

It was a wade 1004 @122

Would you know if the stalling will fix up after tune??
Old 08-25-2004, 06:13   #4 (permalink)

happened with a mates car, that it would stall in drive but better in neutral, just got it tuned at was better, but could be something different............. you notice the difference with the cam in?
71ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:17   #5 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfspacsix
installed cam and adjustable cam gear today, it would have taken about 2 hours but one of the seals for the lifters was gone, so I had to wait a couple hours for someone with a car to drive me to ford. They sold only the whole lifter and that was $46 so I went to Bursons and got the whole thing for $18.50.

My car now drives fine but stopping is a problem as it stalls when I stop in drive, however neutral is ok, I am getting it dyno'd tomorrow, will the tune fix this.

IT FEELS GREAT TO DO SOMETHING ON MY CAR AND NOT HAVE ANY BOLTS LEFT OVER!!!
Yep....look at my recent thread and i didnt mention the crap i went through like when power steering belt came off and snapped...it can set you back heaps of time..
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:18   #6 (permalink)

I don't really wanna rev the car out too much till it "settles in" but when it was in neutral I revved it a bit and once it hit 2 grand it shot straight up to 3 grand pretty quickly.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:24   #7 (permalink)

Useless,
I was going to pay someone to do it but a lot of you suggested to do it myself, so I thought I might, then I read your thread and didn't want to, I asked a mates dad if he would look over my work and he did so I put it in myself, I am glad I did.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:56   #8 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfspacsix
Useless,
I was going to pay someone to do it but a lot of you suggested to do it myself, so I thought I might, then I read your thread and didn't want to, I asked a mates dad if he would look over my work and he did so I put it in myself, I am glad I did.
Man I had a hard time and ended up putting the standard setup in.BUT!!!!I t will be very satisfying when I finish it properly now that I know what is involved. ,,I think this is half the fun..As you may have read the dev 4 would have been in the car today had it not been for my haste and not check the leads...Thats all it was ...But now Ido know that its not as hard as ot seems once youve done it twice..So good luck with your cam and idle and I hope you kick ass
Old 08-25-2004, 22:48   #9 (permalink)

Useless,
The "ass kicking" is on hold for a while, I took the car out for a bit of a thrashing and once it hits 45000 rpm the lifters tick like hell, so I won't get it dyno'd just yet. I guess the washers I put in there aren't good enough. I now have to wait for Ford to order me in some shims, and I am not looking forward to taking the rockers off again as one of the bolts on there were burred from before I even touched it, so I just hope I can take it off and put it back on without too much trouble.
Old 08-25-2004, 23:50   #10 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Get a new bolt...if it is only the bolt.However if it is the head i beleive you can get it rethreaded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech